Chapter 25

"You know, you really don't have to walk me..." I walked beside Giwook as we both made our way to the unaffiliated training center. Just before this as I ate my breakfast in the room with Kemono, Giwook stopped by, telling me he'll walk me there. Obviously I have no objections to this amazing opportunity to have some quality time with him, even if we don't talk, but it also threw me off. I'm perfectly capable of finding my way through the academy since I've been through the whole place once. So, why does he want to walk me all of a sudden? Surely...

"Don't tell me. Is it to protect me?" Giwook didn't respond but the gulp he took didn't go unnoticed. So, Giwook is walking me to and from my dorm during teaching hours because...he's protecting me. From what? The other students and possibly hostile enemies Kain might've made. "I'm guessing Mr. Inhyuk asked you to" For the rest of the walk, we remained quiet. He opened the door for me, as I opened the door for him leading into the main part of the building. Glancing inside, I saw Jiwoo talking with each of the other students as Wooin walked behind. A small chuckle escaped my lips, earning a side glance from Giwook who didn't even spare a single look my way through my questioning. Jiwoo was probably complimenting them or something. It's what he did in the Manwha as well, he's seriously so enduring.

"Attention Everyone!!!" Giwook yelled, making me flinch. I sighed. Again with it. Yelling while I was thinking. "Start running and don't stop until I tell you to!!" I rubbed my eyes as he yelled at the shocked students, staring at him in disbelief. "Pardon!?" They all asked, wondering what running has to do with anything. "Jeongsu and Gangwoo! You two need to run twice as fast as Taeyoung and Jihye!!" He yelled to them. Leaving most in complicated expressions, all still questioning why the hell they should run when their awakened one's already? What's the point of running anyway? I scoffed at them. As a recently awakened one that automatically loves running no matter the day or time, I've found my physical prowess as well as my electrokinesis ability became in tune with one another. Before my aiming was...horrible. But over time as I exercised and continued to practice my power in tiny little shocks, my total aim started to accurately hit my targets. Although still very unstable.

"As for Wooin and Jiwoo-" I blinked, looking at them. "You two must run three times as fast as the others!!" He yelled. "Yes sir!!" Jiwoo yelled back with just as much energy, immediately running as soon as he said. Wooin followed of course. I couldn't help but smile a little, getting caught by Jiwoo who peeked my way, seeing me freeze then wipe my smile away as he only smiled even wider, jumping up with a wave all excited. I cringed, looking away with slightly flushed cheeks. 'Stick to the plan, stick to the plan', I repeatedly told myself over and over. All the other students gasped at Jiwoo and Wooins accepting behavior when the others hesitated. "Are you guys going to just stand there?" Giwook glared at the other students, waiting for them to start doing as told. Without another word, they started running.

"How many laps can you do before you get tired?" I asked Giwook out of nowhere, wanting to start a little conversation to at least loosen whatever tense atmosphere we had going on. "...I'm not sure. I keep running until I get tired. I've never counted my laps..." he said truthfully, leaving me in a kind of amazed yet confused state. He keeps running until tired? "I see. Must be great" I commented. "What?" He asked. "Being able to run all you want without stopping for a very long while. Losing track of time while moving. As awakened ones, that's awesome. Having the natural born body of some Olympian on steroids." I joked, chuckling at myself until it slowly stopped, seeing Giwooks unamused gaze on me. "...should I run too-" but he shook his head before I could finish my question. "Just sit down and observe for now. You'd just get in the way" I huffed at his words. Just yesterday he was sweet and today he's being a bit cold. But, it's Giwook, I didn't mind. As long as he didn't cross a line with me. "Yes sir~~" I plopped onto the ground, staring up at the ceiling. Replaying the spars from yesterday and inserting myself as their opponents, thinking up different ways I could use my power in situations.