Chapter 37

"I'm fine, really. Thank you" I finished my moment of laughter, looking at the four people in the room before bowing. "There's no need to do that! You passed out, you shouldn't move too much" Jiwoo ran over, panicking as he was grateful for the expression of thanks but also worried about my well being. After all, I suddenly threw a fit, ran away, and was found passed out in my bathroom. If anything, it's really concerning. Especially for Inhyuk who's in charge of taking care of me during the whole trip here at the awakened academy. "...just don't tell my father anything about this. He has too much on his plate already" I shuffled out of the sheets, standing up off the gurney only to wobble. "Be careful" Jiwoo luckily caught me, helping me stand up straight. A dizzy spell. "Thanks" I said again, letting out a shaky breath. Kain told me the moment he sees a chance to take over his body again, he'll hurt anyone around me, using the power my brother passed down to me. Having the benefit of the doubt for him was far too kind to him. I'm not sure how bad he had it, but how could a baby that acted as a knight, smiling and laughing heartily become so cold and uncaring? It slightly hurt to be honest. Whatever it was that changed him must've been just as bad or worse to what I went through.

The thought of it made my stomach queasy. No one should ever go through that. Having to lose what you love most.

"Kain, you know it's my job to let him know everything," Inhyuk said back. "I'm just really tired. I guess I overexerted myself a bit. That's all, nothing too serious" I assured. Making Inhyuk sigh, reluctantly agreeing to not speak of what happened to Ilseong. Once he had, I let out a relieved sigh, moving away from Jiwoo then paused, seeing a cat on the other gurney. I blinked. What's Kayden doing here? "Hey~ it's been awhile" I put on a smile, walking over and patting his head a couple of times. "I'm sorry, I don't have any snacks on me" I acted sorry, pouting. "He's such a sweet cat. He never tries to scratch me or push me away" I commented, moving away after feeling the death glare he gave me as well as the tail swishing behind him. Obviously I was pushing Casein Nitrates buttons. "Haha-" everyone in the room laughed nervously. After having witnessed that very cat beat up one of their fellow instructors, they couldn't help but be a little surprised but also nervous for me. Scared it'd attack me at any second.

Thankfully, Casein nitrate remained still, staring at Kain the entire time until he left. "Jeez" Inhyuk sighed, rubbing the back of his head as soon as he left the room. "That kid worries me," he admitted, looking at Jiwoo, the other one that worries him just as much. "I'm not sure what happened. But Kain looked terrified when he woke up" Seongha said next. "Terrified?" They questioned. "He cried after hugging me. He wouldn't let go" this made everyone in the room quiet. It's honestly really hard to imagine someone like Kain Hua crying. Let alone look terrified. After all, he's as brazen as any they've ever met. Probably worse.

...

Later that day, the instructors called for a meeting but I decided to sit this one out. "Giwook will relay anything important to me anyway" I yawned, stretching as I got ready to go for a run. "You're all ready too" I chuckled, kneeling down to give Kemono some pats. After, we ran a few rounds on the island, stopping in the park for a moment to take a little break. "Whew" I sighed, hands on my knees as I huffed. Mind running on many things. What caused the barrier Kain spoke of to break? Or momentary lapse? I ran through many different things that might've been the reason and there was only one I concluded. My anger. Or at least when my emotions become hysterical . "It makes sense, right?" I asked myself. "Maybe there's something unstable in me I don't know about yet...ARGH it's times like these I wish I had hyungs brain" I whined, seriously not knowing what exactly it is. Hyung would've found out within a heartbeat. And that's what made me realize just how amazing hyung was again.

"For now. I have to keep my emotions in check. I can't risk having a slip up again" Kemono whined once he heard my words. I smiled, leaning down to pet him when his eyes zeroed in on something in the distance. Following his gaze, I noticed Jisuk, Subin, and Wooin hiding behind some bushes and trees as they stalked Jiwoo talking with Iseul. I blinked, tilting my head in confusion. Slowly, me and Kemono approached them. Once beside Wooin, I peeked to where they watched the two converse. "Why are you guys hiding?" I whispered. "SHIT YOU SCARED ME!" Subin was the first to react. Wooin simply flinched and turned my way, relaxing once he knew it was me. Jisuk yelped for a moment only because Subin yelled so loudly but calmed after noticing it was me. Although he didn't acknowledge me for long. I only raised a brow, wondering why they're stalking Jiwoo so openly like this. "Shhhh!!" Subin covered my mouth with her hand. I flinched, feeling the how cold they were.