Chapter 33

After a few minutes of listening to the others continue to gossip about me, my eyes moved to the line up. Examining all the students. "Taeyoung Ki, unaffiliated and Sooae Choo of Halla! Into the ring!" They started. "Wait-" once again, I completely forgot Taeyoung was going to start first. Unlike the other students excluding Jiwoo and his friends, I grew to become quite fond of Taeyoung. I taught him as much as I could, knowledge that I knew was safe for him to know. We've talked and somewhat became good friends. In fact, it was because of Taeyoung I'm starting to feel a bit more comfortable as Kain before Jiwoo and Wooin helped. I guess you could say I've become attached to Taeyoung in a way.

"Don't, you know the rules" i stepped forward, wanting to stop the spar since I couldn't bare the thought of watching him get hurt right in front of me only to have Inhyuk push me back. "What!? But- he-" I wanted to say he couldn't win. But knowing Taeyoung, he knows full well he can't. But he still wanted to spar. I bit my lip. "Sorry" I said, standing back and at attention again when Inhyuk determined it was safe for his hand to move from my chest. Seeing the immediate understanding in my eyes. Still, looking up at Taeyoung in a fighting stance. Do I have to watch him get hurt? I clenched my hands into fists, once again cursing the Awakened world for being such a harsh unfair place.

The beeping counted down.

Beep

Beep

Beep!

Sooae landed a hard kick against Taeyoung jaw, causing him to fly to the ground, hurt. I flinched hearing the sound of foot against flesh. Clenching my jaw as my eyes remained on the ground. Calming myself down. Taeyoungs basically my disciple. How could I not want to jump in? But then he got back up when Sooae seemed finished with him. Irking her to use her powers. It's going exactly as the Manwha again. Even though I had given him as many pointers as I could...he's still going to get beaten by her.

BANG! I flinched again. Looking up to see the spree like power rolling onto the ground before evaporating into nothing after hitting Taeyoung in the face again. I glanced at the girl, giving her quite the glare as she walked back to the bleachers. She too gave me a glare, knowing well I'm nothing compared to her. I clenched my jaw, watching the medical team take Taeyoungs passed out body away. As much as I wish to follow, it was discussed for teachers and teacher assistants to remain within the building unless the principal himself calls for us. "He'll be fine. He's an awakened one after all" I looked to my side to see Inhyuk giving a comforting smile my way. I nodded, looking back to the spar. Feeling a little better.

"Jookyung Kim or MIR and Gangwoo Choi of unaffiliated!" The beeping immediately started. I watched. Still feeling riled up by Taeyoungs spar as the last beep sounded. Only to sigh seeing the other red hair guy named Gangwoo simply standing there, staring off blankly. As the blue haired girl stared him down. Knowing well that she's mind controlling him and if I remember correctly, Gangwoo isn't experienced nor strong enough to free himself from it. Then he fell over. Leaving the other unaffiliated students shocked. Nervous. And scared.

"The winner is Jookyung Kim!!" They announced. The rest of the instructors sighed seeing the defeat. Unimpressed and most of all, disappointed with the outcome so far. Glancing at them. Only Inhyuk and Seongha showed worry for them as the others simply looked unbothered. I grimaced, glade I'm more tied to Inhyuk and Seongha compared to the others who would've given me a hard time as Kains fathers son. Although, seeing them, they know his father isn't someone to make an enemy out of. "How annoying" I said aloud, gaining the instructor's attention. They scoffed at me. Thinking of how easy I got it for me to just brush off a spar like these when in reality I'm calling them annoying. Awakened or not, I can't seem to comprehend the idea of getting hurt over and over again at all. Especially after having broken my bones once before, and never again.