Chapter 51

Demi's POV

Me and Bella were currently in the tub. I listened to her breathing against me and it relaxed my whole body. I know I had only known her for a matter of months, but I just had this feeling about her. I loved her in a way I hadn't loved anyone before. The only way I can describe it is as a mix between the way I felt a constant need to protect Anna and some intense passion that made me want to wake up to her face, wrap my arms around her waist or just to feel her lips on mine. I guess... I guess I was just in love.

My phone began to ring from the other side of the bathroom. I groaned, not wanting to leave the warmth of the tub and the comfort of Bella's touch. After a few rings I just decided to let it go to voicemail.

"Aren't you going to get that?" Bella asked, looking up at me.

"Ehh, it's probably just my manager or something. If it's important they'll call again." I reasoned.

She didn't reply so I just pulled her back into me and enjoyed our closeness. It only lasted a moment though because, sure enough, the phone rang again. Panic was my first instinct. What if it was Anna? What if she needed me? What if she was hurt?

I gently lifted Bella's naked body off of me and stood up from the tub, drying my hands before answering the call. It was Marissa.

"Marissa? What's wrong?" I asked, panic in my voice.

"Demi, first of all, calm down. Just because I call you doesn't mean something is wrong." she said.

I sighed in relief. I could be so over dramatic sometimes. I guess I just had a little too much "mama bear" in me.

"Okay, then what's up?" I asked, more chill.

"Well, um actually, something is wrong." she admitted.

"Marissa! Tell me then!" I half yelled into the phone.

"It's not bad, but Anna just doesn't feel good. She says her stomach hurts and she's asking for you." she explained.

My poor baby. I began to feel this longing to hold her in my arms and comfort her. I hated knowing that she was suffering.

"Okay. I'll be right over!" I said, hanging up the phone.

I turned my attention back to the girl in my bathtub.

"What's wrong Dem?" Bella asked, adjusting herself so she was sitting up.

"Anna doesn't feel good so I'm gonna go pick her up." I said, drying myself off with a towel.

"Aw, okay. Do you want me to come with you?" she asked, getting out of the tub herself.

"No, that's okay babe. I think Anna just needs me right now. I'm sorry our sleepover got cut short, but I'll call you in the morning, how's that?" I asked, hoping she wouldn't be mad.

"Okay. That's fine Dem." She said, after drying herself.

"Bella, I'm really sorry. I just wanted to make this night perfect." I continued, but she cut me off.

"Demi. I'm not mad at all. Anna is your responsibility and you need to be there for her. I get that and I actually love that about you. Seeing the way you care for her makes me want to..." she started, but stopped herself.

I smiled.

"Makes you want to what?" I asked, having a feeling of what she was going to say.

"It makes me want to spend the rest of my life with you." she admitted.

My smile grew bigger and I pulled her into a bone-crushing hug before separating and planting a kiss on her lips. We then pulled our clothes back on and I went to get my keys. I had a little girl to take care of.

After Bella left, I drove as fast as I could to Marissa's. I pulled into her apartment complex, parked my car and ran to the elevator. Marissa had told me her code a while back so I was able to get in whenever I wanted. I punched it in and began to ride up. It seemed like the elevator ride took forever because all I wanted was my baby girl in my arms. When the doors opened I ran out into her apartment, heading straight for Marissa's room from where I could hear soft sobs.

Anna was curled up on Marissa's bed and Marissa was trying to sooth her by rubbing her back.

"Mar, I'm here." I said.

Marissa shot me a look as if to say "thank god" and then moved aside so I could comfort Anna.

"Hey baby. It's me Demi. Are you okay?" I asked, trying to get her to look at me.

She just whimpered more before bursting into tears at the sight of me.

"Demi!" she cried, clutching her stomach.

"Baby. Please calm down and tell me what hurts." I said.

She cried for a few more moments before pointing to her stomach and head.

"Okay. Come here baby. I'll carry you and we can just go home and rest." I suggested, holding my arms out for her.

She took a minute to compose herself before slowly sitting up. I helped her into a standing position and began to walk slowly with her while my hand was on her back.

All of a sudden she took off toward the bathroom, leaving me and Marissa behind. I rushed after her as she began to spill her guts out into the toilet. Shit! She was sicker than I thought!

BeStrong1998 A/N

So this is demiLOVEato22's first chapter. I think it's great and I'm excited to see where she takes the story. What do you guys think? I'm going to start doing vote and comment goals again because I feel like I've lost a lot of readers because of the long break I took before alexaann12 took over. So 30+votes and 6+comments for next chapter.