Chapter 54

Demi POV:

It had to be bad news. It just had to be. He wouldn't have called me into the hallway if everything was fine. I braced myself for the worst, but not even that could prepare me for what he was about to say.

"Okay, I have some results I need to go over with you. Please don't freak out or jump to conclusions or anything though. I will ask that you wait until I'm finished talking and then we can discuss options and things." he started.

As soon as he said "options" I threw my hands over my mouth and fought back tears. If we had to discuss options it meant that something was really wrong.

"Anna has an abnormal blood count which would be consistent with leukemia. We need to do a bone marrow biopsy to diagnose that though and you also said she has had a brain tumor before so I would like to order an MRI just to check things over there." he said.

I could feel all the color drain from my face and the tears brimming as he talked. All I could think about was how I was going to tell Anna. She had to deal with so much in her young life already and it seemed like she honestly couldn't catch a break.

"Okay." was all I managed to say to the doctor.

"We're going to admit her and move you guys to a new room as well and continue the testing there. Would you like to tell Anna or would you like me to?" he asked.

I thought for a second and figured she'd be more comfortable hearing it from me.

"I'll tell her." I said, still holding tears back.

"Okay. I'll give you a minute then and then we'll come to move you guys. Other than that do you have any other questions for me?" he asked.

I just shook my head so he nodded and went to get a room ready for her. I took a second to compose myself before heading back to Anna.

It took everything in me not to cry when I saw Anna lying helpless on the bed. She noticed me in the room and looked up at me with a worried expression.

"Anna, baby. I need to talk to you." I started, sitting down on the bed with her.

I swear I saw any ounce of hope leave her small face, as if she was already expecting was I was going to say.

"It's bad isn't it?" she asked, emotionless.

I bit my lip holding back tears as I slowly nodded. Her face showed no emotion again and it was honestly worrying me.

"How bad?" she asked again, almost angry.

I sighed and grabbed her hands in mine.

"Baby, your blood count isn't normal and they think it's... um... they think it's leukemia. We're gonna be moved to another room though before they do tests to figure everything out." I explained, sympathetically.

She just nodded her head.

"Baby, it's okay to cry." I said, sympathetically.

She just shrugged her shoulders, but I could see tears welling up in her eyes so I pulled her into me. She wrapped her arms around my neck and sobbed into my shoulder. I couldn't hold my own tears anymore so I sobbed into her shoulder as well.

That's how we were positioned when the doctor came back in to take Anna to her new room. I guess we were doing this.

A/N: Hey guys! This is demiLOVEato22 and I just wanted to thank you all for commenting and voting and stuff! Please leave me suggestions, predictions or just general thoughts because I'd love to hear more from you guys! BTW, sorry this chapter is so short it's kinda a filler before lots of drama. Don't worry though the story will still be cute and happy and stuff, but there's gotta be bumps in the road, ya know? Anyway, 7 comments and 40 votes for the next update!