Chapter 75

Anna's POV:

I woke up to voices surrounding me. Without even opening my eyes I recognized one of them as Demi's. I assumed the person she was talking to had to be some sort of doctor so I kept my eyes closed to make them think I was still asleep. I wanted to hear what they were talking about without my presence influencing them.

"Yeah we have an OR ready so once she's awake we can start prepping her." The doctor's voice said.

I felt my body tense. I knew they were referring to the procedure because there was noting else I would need to be in an OR for at the moment.

"Okay, did you figure out what caused her fever?" Demi asked.

"Well, I know you said you had been traveling so that stress could have caused it. All that matters now is that it's down and she's stable." The doctor stated.

"Okay thank you." Demi responded.

"Of course. Do you have any questions for me?" The doctor asked.

There was silence for a moment, but then Demi spoke.

"Yeah, can you explain to me how this is going to work so I can help Anna through it?" Demi asked.

I instantly grew nervous for what the doctor would say.

"Sure, like I said, when she wakes up we'll come in to prep her. We check vitals and will have the OB/GYN come in to confirm that everything is okay for the procedure. She will then be wheeled to the OR where a team of doctors will get her on some local anesthesia and a oxygen to help with the pain and keep her relaxed. For the actually procedure, we use an ultrasound guided needle to extract the eggs that have been enlarged by the medication she's been given. It will probably take a total of twenty minutes. Recovery is easy. She'll be monitored for a few hours and then you can go home. She'll be sore for a few days, but it is more compared to cramps." The doctor explained.

It honestly made me really uncomfortable that they were talking about me, thinking I wasn't aware. I wanted to be involved in everything that had to do with me, but lately I'd been feeling like I had no control. 

"Okay, will I get to go back with her?" Demi then asked, causing me to hold my breath in anticipation.

"I'll have to ask my superior about that one. We've had spouses come back before, but never a mother. I see no reason to believe that there would be an issue with it." The doctor said.

"Okay, good. Anna's had a history of abuse and she's easily triggered by anything in that area so I wanna be there for her if at all possible." Demi explained.

"Like I said, I see no reason to worry about it." The doctor repeated.

Demi's POV:

I simply nodded, suddenly getting the feeling that the doctor was annoyed by me. I hated that he made me feel that way, especially because I was a parent of a child with cancer. It was his job to make me feel comfortable and confident in his work. Oh well, I guess I couldn't dwell on it because Anna was way more important at the moment.

There was a silence between me and the doctor for a moment before he spoke.

"Just press the call button when Anna wakes up." He stated before exiting the room.

I sighed and sat down on the side of Anna's bed. I lay my hand on her back and gently stroked it. I noticed that her breathing was uneven which signaled that she was defiantly not sleeping.

"Anna, I know you're awake." I stated.

It took a minute, but she slowly opened her deep blue eyes and landed them on my face.

"Morning baby." I tried to smile as I talked.

Anna didn't even attempt to return it and that's when I knew she knew what was about to happen. I just hoped this would go smoothly. We both deserved that.

A/N: Hey guys, this is demiLOVEato92 first of all I wanna say I'm sorry that I haven't updated in a while and that this update is really short. Hopefully they'll get longer and more consistent! :) I'm not gonna set an update goal, but comment and vote anyway because it makes me happy. Haha thanks for reading!