Chapter 24

Anna's POV

I felt Demi pick me up and carry me to another room. I couldn't believe she could lift me. I wanted to get down and walk because I didn't want to hurt her, but I didn't have the energy to so a wrapped my arms around her and snuggled into her while she carried me. She put me on a bed and pulled the covers up over me. I cuddled into the covers and then she turned my light off and left. I fell asleep almost instantaneously. 

*5:00 a.m*

I woke up with a sharp pain in my back and one between my legs spreading to my lower abdomen. I wanted to scream. I looked around and couldn't figure out where I was. Then I remembered everything. I don't know my way around Demi's apartment and I don't know where she put the pain medicine. I didn't want to wake her up so I just tried to deal with the pain. I grabbed my phone and went on Twitter to try and distract myself. I hadn't been on Twitter in forever. I started scrolling through my feed. I saw Kelly posted a picture on instagram so I clicked on it. It was a picture of me sleeping on Demi last night. Demi and Kelly were both making funny faces. It made me smile. I kept scrolling and saw Demi had tweeted some last night. In the first tweet I saw she said 'I love my baby girl'. Was she talking about me? No, I doubt it. She is probably talking about Madison or something. I kept scrolling and found a picture of me and Demi and another tweet. In the one tweet Demi seemed angry. I clicked on the tweet with the picture of us and started looking at the replies.

'Why are you fostering that thing?'

'She's going to ruin your recovery and your career'

'She's so ugly and fat'

'It's probably just for publicity'

The comments that were good were talking about how perfect Demi is. All of them were true. I got the overwhelming urge to cut. I wanted to put myself in more pain. I deserved it. I couldn't get up without screaming in pain and then I'd wake Demi up. I can't do that. I just laid there and sobbed. I was clenching my fists trying to control the urge. I stared at the comments for forever. Then I scrolled back up and looked at Demi's other tweets. They were directed at me, but they were just lies. I'm just a publicity stunt. I cried until I was out of tears and completely numb.

Demi's POV

*7:00 a.m*

My alarm went off at 7:00 a.m. I could have slept in till whatever time I wanted, but I didn't want Anna to wake up and not know where anything was at so I got up pretty early so I could take care of her and show her around. I figured she was still sleeping because she was so tired last night, but I went into her room to check on her. She was curled up in a ball facing away from me sleeping. I walked over to her to check and see if the bruising on her face had gotten better yet. When I walked over to her I saw her eyes wide open starring at the wall and her face was stained with tears. I stooped down in front of her. Her gaze met my eyes and then dropped down to the other wall. "What's wrong baby?" I asked cupping her face with my hand and wiping away some of the tears.

"It hurts," she winced. She had dark circle under here eyes and they were bloodshot and puffy.

"Anna, how long have you been awake?" I asked concerned.

"I don't know. Not that long. A couple hours maybe," she said choking back tears.

"A couple hours!? Why didn't you get me?"

"I didn't want to wake you up or bother you," she said softly. She suffered in pain for hours just so I could sleep. It broke my heart knowing that I was sleeping peacefully while she was in pain.

"Oh baby, you don't have to worry about bothering me! If you need anything just yell for me and I'll get it, okay?" I said looking her right in the eyes. She nodded. "I'm gonna get you some medicine," I said as I walked out to the kitchen to get her a glass of water and her pills. I brought them to her room and helped her sit up. She yelped in pain and the threw her hand over her mouth.