Chapter 34

Demi's POV

I was awoken by Anna tossing and turning in her sleep. I picked up my phone to check the time.

3:24 a.m.

I thought Anna had woken up and was just trying to get comfortable again so I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her over to me to cuddle with her. She screamed and started kicking. She was having another nightmare. She hadn't gotten one for a while now. I shook her trying to get her to wake up, but she wouldn't she just kept screaming and struggling. She was sweating and crying in her sleep. I ran to the bathroom and soaked a rag in cold water and ran back to her and put it on her forehead. She woke up immediately. She looked frantically around the room until her eyes landed on me.  She crawled over to me and climbed into my lap wrapping her arms around my neck and sobbing into my shoulder. She was shaking and I could feel her heart beating abnormally fast. "I-I c-can't b-b-breathe!" she said frantically as her breathing became shallow and forced. She was having an anxiety attack. I pried her off of me and held her in my lap like a baby so she could see my face. She gripped onto my shirt and tried to hide her face in my stomach, but I pulled her back.

"It's okay baby, I'm here. Shhh, it's okay," I said attempting to get her to calm down. "Count with me, one... two... three... four..." she struggled all the way until we got into the hundreds and then she slowly started to calm down some. After about 20 minutes the attack had finally ended.

"I'm sorry," she whimpered.

"Don't be sorry! You can't control that baby," I said and then pulled her back with me so we were laying down. She curled up at my side and laid her head on my stomach. I watched her head slowly move up and down with my breathing while I stroked her little bit of curly fuzz that was growing back on her head. "Do you want to tell me about your dream?" I asked after a few minutes of silence. 

"No," she said as her breathing picked up pace again.

"It's okay baby, you don't have to. Why don't we talk about your music instead?" I said trying to distract her from replaying the dream in her head. I felt her nod her head against my stomach. "Do you have any more songs you want to record tomorrow for your album?" I asked.

"I have a couple songs ready that I could record," she replied.

"How many songs do you have written that you want to use?" I asked.

"I have a lot of songs I want to use, I just have to choose which ones I really want on it and finish writing the music for them," she replied. Our conversation went on like that for a while until she fell asleep. I fell asleep shortly after her wondering what her nightmare was about.

I woke up and Anna was still sleeping like usual. I showered quickly, not wanting her to wake up while I was gone. When I got out of the shower I wrapped a towel around me and immediately went to check on her. She was awake on her phone with her ear buds in. I walked over to her using one hand to hold up my towel and the other to pull out one of the ear buds.

"How long have you been awake?" I asked worried, hoping I hadn't left her alone for too long.

"A 'Good morning Anna' would have been nice," she said sarcastically. 

"Good morning Anna," I replied mocking her. She smiled and I smirked at her. "Now answer my question," I demanded. I was starting to get cold considering I was still soaking wet.

"Just for a couple minutes. I didn't do anything, I swear," she said knowing exactly what I was worried about. I believed her, but I was paranoid so I pulled the covers off of her and checked her hips anyway. There weren't any new cuts thankfully. "Can you hurry up? Your hair is dripping cold water all over me," Anna said as I was checking her hips. I stuck my tounge out at her as I finished.