Chapter 43

Demi's POV

It's been a couple days since I had to take Anna to the doctor. She was acting really weird that night and the morning after. I kept pressing her to talk because I've learned that if you don't pressure her into talking when somethings wrong she will hold it all inside until she just breaks and does something bad. She wont even tell me when somethings wrong but you can always tell by the way she acts. Well at least I can. I don't think other people notice the slight changes in her personality when she's holding something back. I finally got her to break down and tell me what was going on. She got really pissed at me for pressuring her, but now every things fine and she's been doing amazing with her recovery. She basically told me that she felt like she disappointed me for not telling me that she was in pain and that she only didn't tell me because she was embarrassed. She also said she was still embarrassed about going to the doctor for it because she felt like a slut. Honestly I never thought I would hear the word 'slut' come out of her mouth because she seems so innocent, but it did. After she said it, it was really cute because she got all nervous and threw her hand over her mouth and kept apologizing for saying it because she thought I would get mad at her for using a word like that. I laughed at her and let her know that I could care less if she said it and she could curse or whatever if she really wanted to, because I don't give a fuck. Now that I got all of that out of her she's been back to normal. Actually she's better than normal. She doesn't seem like she's scared to tell me anything anymore and I feel like I can tell her anything too if I need to. For some reason that one conversation ended any awkwardness that was still between us. 

Nick has been staying over a lot lately. We've been getting really close and I think he's ready to take things to the next level because he keeps pushing himself on me, but I'm not ready. Something just doesn't feel right about it. Anyway, tonight I have a concert here in LA and then in the morning we go to film our interview for Ellen. Right now Jill is working on my makeup while I'm laughing at Anna who's practically bouncing off the walls in excitement from getting to see one of my concerts. She told me she's never been to a concert before. Sometimes I forget that she's never had much before I adopted her. Thankfully she wasn't in foster care for long, but her biological family struggled with money still. Now that she's kind of gotten over her anger from the accident she's told me more about her life before all of this happened. I can tell that she misses them so much even if she wasn't treated the best by them. Her mom had to support all 3 of the kids and her grandma who started living with them when her grandpa got sick. She didn't get child support from their father who was in prison and her only job was running a dance studio which she only did so her two daughters could do what they love. She seems like she was an amazing lady. Anna said her mom never bought herself anything and saved every extra penny they had to go on a family vacation once a year. That's when the accident happened. When they were on their vacation that their mom worked so hard to pay for. It's so sad, but I'm so glad Anna's finally opening up and trusting me completely. Jill finished my makeup and I changed into my outfit for soundcheck while Anna was on Twitter on her phone humming some of my songs. She's in for a surprise tonight!

I walked on stage for soundcheck to the few hundred screaming Lovatics. I sung Catch Me, Really Don't Care, and a cover of Stay. After those songs Natalie came out for the Q&A part of soundcheck. "Everybody welcome my friend Natalie! She's single and ready to mingle," I said and Natalie playfully slapped my arm. I looked out to see everyone was holding up signs that said #LesbianForNatalie and I completely lost it. I was laughing so hard I could barely catch my breath. Once I finally calmed down Natalie was glaring at me. "Okay, first question!" I said nervously, afraid of the revenge Natalie was planning. Hey, it isn't my fault everyone held up signs! I may or may not have tweeted with that hashtag last night, but it still isn't my fault! 

"First question is would you rather die being murdered by Natalie, or being murdered by Natalie?"

"Oooooo, someones a little feisty!" I said poking Natalie who bit at my finger.