Chapter 28

Demi's POV
I woke up and Anna was curled up in a tiny ball on the edge of the bed as far as possible away from me. Her being all cute and cuddly didn't last long. She was still sleeping so I went down to the kitchen to call her doctor. I dialed her doctors number and waited for her to answer. "Hello, this is Dr. Martin. How may I help you?"

"Hi, this is Demi Lovato, Anna's foster parent. I need to discuss some health concerns with you if that's okay," I said into the phone. It felt weird calling myself a foster parent. I feel more like are really protective big sister than a parent.

"Yes, that's fine. What are your concerns?"

"Well Anna finished chemo about a week ago. I thought she would start gaining some weight back, but it seems like she's loosing weight instead. Should I be worried about that?" 

"Have you weighed her?"

"No, but she is just skin and bones and she seems a lot lighter than she was before,"

"Okay, well she is a really small girl. She did loose a lot of weight during chemo. Our last weight we have for her is 40lbs. That is really underweight, but chemo does that to some people. She has an appointment in a month so until then keep track of what she eats and her weight. She is only 4' 2" so her ideal weight is between 60 and 80lbs. She should gain 1 to 2lbs a week, but she should be fine as long as she isn't loosing weight. If she doesn't gain any weight by her next appointment we will talk to a nutritionist. If she losses more than 5 pounds in a week I would suggest bringing her in right away," I was writing down some notes as she was talking since she was shooting so much information at me.

"Okay, thank you," I said and hung up the phone. I went to check on Anna. She was still asleep. I don't have a scale in my house so I'm going to leave a note for Anna incase she wakes up and run out to pick up a scale. 

I went to CVS and picked up a scale quickly. When I got home Anna was still sleeping. I went to the kitchen to make breakfast. I normally make Anna less food than me because she normally doesn't eat it all, but this time I'm making her the same amount as me. I made her two eggs and 4 strips of bacon. I got it on a plate and brought it up to my room for her. I woke her up and made her eat it. She tried to refuse so I started feeding it to her until she gave in and ate it herself. I got her to eat most of it. When she was done she got up and went to her room. I typed out what she ate in the notes in my phone, then I got the scale out. I went to Anna's room to get her.

Anna's POV

Demi made me eat breakfast this morning and I can't purge it because she's too close to the bathroom. Ugh, I'm going to get so fat. I went to my room and got my blade instead. I started slicing over the scabs and scars on my hips. I heard a knock on my door. I quickly hid the evidence. One of the things I like about Demi is that she respects my privacy, but it isn't like my mom who just didn't care what I did, it's actually respect. "Come in," I said. Demi walked through the door and sat down on the bed with me.

"What are you doing kiddo?" she asked.

"I was just getting ready to work on school, why?" I lied.

"Okay, well can you come with me real quick so I can check your weight? Doctor's order," she said. Great even my doctor and Demi notice how fat I am.

"Uh, I guess," I said and she took me to a scale. I stepped on the scale instantly regretting it. I didn't want to look at the number on it so I just watched Demi's face instead. She was focused on the little screen on the scale. When the number flashed on it her face turned to shock and disappointment. Was I really that fat? I looked down at the scale. 35lbs. Yeah I really am that fat. Demi noticed I was watching her so she hid her expression and typed something into her phone.