Chapter 63

Demi's POV:
I had just gotten off the phone with Anna's doctor and he said he was fine with the idea of me taking Anna on a vacation if I monitored her closely so I ran over to Bella who was in the living room to tell her the news.

"You better pack your bags." I casually said, walking up behind her.

She squealed.

"Yay! This is gonna be so much fun!!" She exclaimed.

I nodded. I was actually really excited for a chance to get away and take a trip, but at the same time I was worried about Anna. I really needed her health to hold up so she could actually enjoy herself.

"So where are we going and when do we leave?" Bella asked.

"Well, you know I've always wanted to go to Bora Bora..." I hinted.

I watched as Bella's face lit up.

"NO WAY!" She exclaimed, clasping her hand over her mouth.

I just nodded, my smile growing.

"Oh my god we're going to Bora Bora!" She half yelled, because Anna was sleeping.

"Yes. Now let's get dinner ready." I said, pointing to the Target bag filled with two frozen pizzas.

I took the bags from her, placing them on the counter while the oven preheated.

"Looks like we've got a little time." I teased, biting my lip.

Bella quickly took the hint and moved closer to me, grabbing my waist and pulling me close to her.

"How ever will be fill the time?" She joked before crashing her lips onto mine.

We made our way over the the couch and to say we had a heated make out session was actually an understatement. In fact, it wasn't even the beeping of the oven that pulled us away from each other. No, instead it was Anna's voice from the top of the stairs that got our attention.

"Demi?" She asked, her voice pretty weak.

"Yeah, baby girl?" I responded, rushing to the bottom of the stairs, leaving Bella on the couch.

"Can I have more pain killers?" She asked.

"Of course. I'll be right up." I said, making my way into the kitchen.

I threw the pizza's in the oven and set a timer while I was at it, before grabbing two pills and water and making my way up to Anna.

I pushed her door open and saw her curled up on the bed, clutching her stomach.

"Cramps?" I asked.

She nodded and gladly took the pills for me and chugging them down with water.

"Dinner will be ready soon so you can stay up here and rest until it is, but I want you to come down and eat with us because we have a surprise for you." I said, while rubbing her back.

She gave me a questioning glance at the mention of a surprise.

"Trust me, you'll love it." I explained and she nodded.

"You rest and I'll come get you when dinners ready. Okay?" I asked.

"Yeah. Thank you." She said as I walked out of her room, leaving the door open in case she needed me again.

I made my way back over to Bella and sat down with a sigh.

"Is she okay?" Bella asked.

"Yeah. She just has cramps, but I'm so afraid that going on this vacation could be dangerous for her." I said, playing with my fingers in my lap.

"Demi, you called her doctor and he said it was okay. You'll just have to take extra good care of her and make sure she's doing alright. If anything happens, which I'm sure it won't, there are hospitals there in case of emergency and we can always fly home early. I just think we deserve this too much to pass up the opportunity." Bella explained.

I nodded in agreement.

"It's just so much pressure having a kid that you know is so fragile. I'm just so afraid." I said.

"Don't worry Demi. I'm here to help. Anna will be okay. She has us to protect her." She said.

"But we really can't protect her from her own body" I reasoned.

Bella sighed.

"You're right, but the doctors can and we're gonna be there to monitor whether or not she'll need that. That's protecting her in my mind." She said.

I nodded.

"Okay. Thank Bell." I said, leaning in to peck her lips.

"No problem Dems." She said as we pulled way.

Anna's POV:
*dinner time*

Demi came to get me for dinner after what felt like only a few minutes of sleep. It had to be more than that though because my cramps were feeling better and pain killers usually took a half hour or so to kick in.

"How many pieces do you want, baby girl?" Demi asked me from the kitchen.

"Um, just one please." I said.

Demi shot me a questioning look. Wow, I hadn't gotten one of those in a while.

"I'm afraid it will make me nausea." I explained.

Demi's face grew sympathetic as she nodded in approval.

She brought me my piece a minute later, setting it down in front of me and taking the seat beside me with Bella across from her.

"So, before we eat, I have a surprise for you." Demi stated.

I moved my attention from the pizza to her, waiting for her to talk.

"Well, Anna, I called your doctor and he said it would be okay to take you on a little vacation." Demi started.

My mouth hung open a little. A vacation?

"So..." Bella butted in.

"We're going to Bora Bora!" They both said in unison.

A huge smile took over my face and I didn't know what to say.

"When?" I choked out.

"Tomorrow morning so we need to pack." Demi stated.

I nodded, growing increasingly excited until I remembered the last vacation I had been on. It was the vacation that started all of this. It was the vacation where I passed out and my whole family died. Hopefully this one would be better. I mean, I had Demi by my side so what could go wrong?

A/N: just another filler chapter! Okay, so I started school this week and because of that I have an idea: how would you guys feel if I made an updating schedule? Like what if I updated this story every Saturday or something so you knew when to expect updates. If I did that though I feel like I would also add voting goals because I am capable of updating more than once a week I believe so I'd love to hear what your feed back is. Thanks for reading guys!!! - demiLOVEato92