Chapter 68

Demi's POV:

"You look beautiful, baby girl!" I gushed, twirling Anna around so I could get a good look at her.

She was wearing a new black, strapless dress that I had bought especially for this trip. Her short hair was clipped to the side and I had applied some light makeup on her. Bella and I were both wearing a similar style dress, but mine was red and had a half sleeve while Bella's was the same black, but it had straps. It's safe to say we were a little over dressed for what I had planned, but it was okay because I wanted tonight to be perfect. I knew since we wouldn't get to properly celebrate Anna's birthday due to her treatment, I needed to make tonight a make shift birthday for her.

"Thanks Demi." She smiled.

"Okay, are we ready to go?" I asked, anxious to spend the night with my two beautiful girls.

They both nodded and we headed out the bungalow door and onto the beach. None of us were wearing shoes because... well because who in their right mind wears shoes while in Bora Bora?

"Where are we going?" Anna asked as we walked along the beach, Anna's hand in mine and my other in Bella's.

The sun was starting to set and it gave off a beautiful glow that reflected off the water. The night had barely started and it was already perfect.

"You'll see." I stated, not wanting to give away my location on account of the fact that we were almost there.

I found the most beautiful, secluded section of the beach and had some workers set up a camp fire over there. My guitar, s'more supplies and hot dogs were all already waiting for us as well. We were just gonna spend the night talking, eating and singing together. It was gonna be perfect.

"Here we are." I stated, as we approached the campsite.

Bella smiled at me as if to thank me while Anna stayed quiet, taking in the beauty of the view.

"You set this all up?" Anna asked after a moment.

"Yup. Just for you. We're gonna celebrate tonight, baby girl." I smiled.

Anna let go of my hand and instead, wrapped her arms around my body and buried her face in my chest.

"Thank you Demi." she said.

"Of course. Anything for my baby girl." I replied stoking her hair.

"Now, who wants to roast some wieners?!" I exclaimed, laughing at my own dumb joke.

Anna and Bella shared a glance before shaking their heads at my childishness. I ignored them and grabbed a hot dog for myself and one for Anna, putting each on a stick.

"What, none for me?" Bella asked, pretending to be offended.

"Get it yourself!" I joked.

"Yeah, get it yourself. I'm her baby girl." Anna joined in, coming over to me and taking the hot dog.

I laughed at how sassy she was. It was nice to see her letting loose and having a good time, despite her current situation. We all gathered around the fire and began talking about how beautiful Bora Bora was and how much fun we were having while cooking our food. Anna ended up only taking a few bites of her hot dog, but I knew she wasn't feeling the greatest and that hot dogs probably weren't the best thing when you were sick. I made a mental note to give her a protein bar when we got back to the Bungalow.

"So Anna, what do you want for your birthday?" I asked as I finished my hot dog and began roasting a marshmallow.

Anna shrugged, playing with he sand, picking it up and letting it flow through her fingers.

"There has to be something you want." Bella added.

"To be cancer free would be nice." she mumbled.

I sighed.

"I know. I wish it could be that way, but it just can't right now. We'll beat this though." I said, placing my hand on her knee.

Anna looked up at me and I could see tears forming in her eyes. I felt horrible, I just wanted to give her a break and it seemed like no matter what I did, nothing worked. I pulled her into my arms and held onto her as if my world depended on it. It kinda did after all; Anna was my world. I couldn't imagine life without her. I would't be able to go on. She was my everything.

"Hey, Anna." I started, preparing to bring something up that I had been thinking about for awhile now.

"Yeah?" she asked, wiping her eyes and pulling her face from my chest.

"Can I adopt you... like officially?" I asked.

A/N: Hey guys!!! This chapter's kinda on the happier side so that's good!! Also, make sure you guys check out my new fanfic Teach Me (on my page demiLOVEato92) Anyway, thanks so much for reading and stay strong!!!!

Next Update: Saturday

Early Update: 35 votes