Chapter 42

Anna's POV

We are sitting in the waiting room at the doctors currently. I've been staring at the clock on the wall for the past 10 minutes. Demi is sitting next to me. She hasn't let go of my hand since we got here. I'm not complaining though. I need her so much right now. If I didn't have her I probably would've killed myself already. That numb feeling is back. I probably look like I've seen a ghost right now. I haven't moved a muscle since we've sat down and I bet you anything that my face is as white as a sheet right now. I was pulled out of my thoughts by a woman probably in her early 30's opening the door that goes to the examination rooms. "Anna Brown?" she called. I suddenly got extremely panicky. I looked at Demi who was putting her phone into her bag and putting it over her shoulder. She got ready to stand up when she saw me. I was blinking back tears and chewing on my bottom lip. She just squeezed my hand and gave me a reassuring look. The doctor was still waiting for us so I stood up with Demi and we walked through the door into the hallway on the other side. Now it was me not letting go of Demi's hand. The doctor led us into an examination room and then went over my medical history with us. Then she started asking me questions about the raping and everything. They both looked at me expectantly but I just shrugged my shoulders. Demi sighed in frustration with me and then told the doctor everything I had told her. The doctor nodded as Demi explained. "Okay sweetheart. I'm going to leave you for a few minutes while you change into this gown and then I'll be back in to start the examination," the doctor said handing me the hospital gown and leaving the room. I glared at Demi, tears threatening to spill again. I was mad at her for making me come, but at the same time I really needed her right now. She gave me a sympathetic look and then helped me get changed. Once I was changed I sat on the edge of the exam table thing. I couldn't hold it in any longer. My face wrinkled up and I started crying. 

"Awh baby, come here," Demi said when she saw my crying. I looked over to her and she had her arms opened up for me. I walked over to her and sat on her lap letting her arms wrap around me. "I promise she isn't going to hurt you and if she tries to, which she wont, I promise I won't let her," she said softly, but sternly into my ear. I sniffled and then nodded. Demi pulled me back away from her and wiped my tears away just as the doctor came back in. I tensed up. Demi noticed and started rubbing my back.

"Okay sweetie, would you like Demi to stay during the exam or leave?" the doctor asked. I just shrugged my shoulders hoping Demi would know I wanted her to stay because I really didn't feel like talking. 

"Do you want me to leave?" Demi asked adjusting me on her lap so I was looking at her. I shook my head. "That's what I figured," Demi said under her breath and I silently thanked God for how well she could read me. 

"Okay hun, I'm gonna have you lay back on this and put your feet up on these," the doctor said gesturing to the examination table. I slowly made my way to the table and did as she said. I felt really awkward and terrified. The doctor draped a sheet thing over my legs and then pulled out a tray of terrifying instruments. Demi saw me staring at the tray and got out of her chair to stand by me and hold my hand. The doctor said some things, but I wasn't paying attention. Then I saw her pick up one of the instruments and a few seconds later I felt her cold, gloved, hands touching me and something go inside of me. I felt my breathing hitch and Demi squeeze my hand. I couldn't see anything she was doing which terrified me. My thoughts kept going back to the multiple times I was raped. The feeling of something inside of me triggered the memories. The all too familiar shooting pain and aching was back. I heard the doctor tell me to relax and then so did Demi, so I pushed all the pain and memories away and numbed myself again. 

Demi's POV

Thankfully that's over with and Anna only has some minor injuries and bruising that should finish healing soon. The doctor said she's probably been in some pain this whole time. Why didn't she just tell me? I feel really bad now. She also said that if the pain doesn't go away completely within a month to bring her back. Let's hope it goes away. We are now on our way to Skyzone. Anna literally has not said a word since this morning. I've tried talking to her the whole car ride but she just shrugs her shoulders in response to everything I'm saying.

I pulled into a parking spot at the back of Skyzone and both of us got out. We got all ready and I payed and everything then we went into the giant trampoline lined room. Anna still was being really quite so I started acting like a complete idiot to cheer her up some. She stood there and giggled at me as I was bouncing off the walls and falling on my ass. I ran over to her and threw her onto my back while she screamed. So much for her being quite. I ran back and forth across the trampolines with her on my back gripping onto me for dear life and laughing and screaming in my ear. I laughed with her and dropped her onto her back despite her screams and then started tickling her. I tickled her until it was obvious that she was out of breath from laughing so hard. Then I collapsed onto my back next to her making her bounce up a little. We both giggled a bit as we caught our breath. Running around on trampolines with a child on your back is hard work! Anna got up after a minute and started to do all kinds of flips and shit. I watched her intently as she entertained herself. I got out my phone and keeked her then went and joined her. I picked her up so she was facing me and she wrapped her legs around my waist. I looked at her and smirked, raising one eyebrow. She looked at me confused.

"Wha-" I cut her off by spinning her around. She let go of my shoulders and leaned back making us spin faster. When she pulled herself up  fell backwards with her on top of my from the momentum. We both laughed at each other and then decided it was time to go. We had been here for over an hour and I think both of us are worn out. When we got into the car I looked over at Anna and smiled at her huge grin she had on her face. "Thank you Demi," she said when she noticed me looking at her.

"You're welcome baby girl," I said and then started driving. A few minutes later when we were stopped at a stoplight I looked over at Anna. She was completely passed out with her head leaning on the window. I let out a small laugh and took a picture of her. I pulled my jacket out from the back seat and slid it under her head as a pillow before the light turned green. Once we got home I picked her up out of the car. She subconsciously wrapped her body around mine and snuggled into me making the cutest little sound. I carried her up to my room and laid her on my bed. She looked so innocent when she was sleeping, but I knew all of her innocence had been ripped away from her at an extremely early age. I sighed and then left the room to go make dinner. We were having so much fun that I guess I forgot about lunch too. Oh well, she's had a hard day. She doesn't need the stress of eating added to it. I'll just make her a bigger dinner than usual.

A/n

Guys! Zoe is out of a coma! It's legitamitly a miracle. The doctors were expecting her to not make it, but she did. She's really upset and confused right now so please keep her in your prayers still and pray that she recovers easily. R.I.P. to Hannah, the Lovatic who lost her battle with cancer.