Chapter 73

Demi's POV:

Things seemed to be going in slow motion. Once the paramedic's got here they instantly went to grab Anna, but she freaked out and clung to me. It was as if she wasn't even conscious of what was going on around her, she just wanted to be as close as possible to me.

"Anna, I'm here, it's okay." I tried to reason with her as the paramedics went to place the wailing girl on the stretcher.

"NO! NO!" She kept sobbing, reaching out for me.

The sight made me want to break down in tears. As a parent you never want your child to suffer, but sometimes what's best for them involves a little discomfort. Anna was still flailing around as paramedics strapped her to the stretcher, leaving her completely helpless. Once she realized she couldn't fight anymore, she just sobbed even harder. As they rushed her down and out of our apartment building and into the ambulance waiting below, I kept my hand on Anna's chest to show her I was there. I wanted to provide some sort of comfort for her, but it was proving to be unbelievably hard because she wouldn't calm down enough to notice me.

"We need to control her breathing!" One of the paramedics shouted as they began to lift her into the ambulance. I hoisted myself up into the ambulance with her without waiting for the invitation. 

When I caught sight of Anna again I noticed that her breathing was in deed very shallow and I recognized it as a panic attack. One of the paramedics placed a oxygen mask over her face and was trying to talk to her, nothing seemed to be working though.

"Please, let me!" I called out from behind them.

They all paused for a second and stared at me in confusion.

"It's a panic attack. I know how to handle them." I clarified.

They all looked at each other before quickly moving out of my way.

"Anna. Anna baby look at me." I instructed, paling one hand on her chest and one on her cheek. 

I needed her to snap out of it and focus on me. At the recognition of my voice, she slowly opened her eyes, her breathing still erratic.

"Hi, baby girl. It's me. I'm here. Can you match my breathing?" I asked, and began to go into a series of deep breaths.

I kept one hand on Anna's chest, feeling the motion of her lungs as she began to even her breathing out. 

"Good girl. There you go. Now we're just gonna go to the hospital and get your fever down. There's nothing to worry about. I'm going to be with you the whole time." I soothed.

Anna gave a slight whimper through the oxygen mask. Her big blue eyes locked with mine. It was as if she was begging me to save her or something. I wished I could. It broke my heart to know that there was nothing in my power I could do. The scariest thing about Cancer is that, no matter how hard you fight it and no matter how skilled the doctors are, you can always loose. And Anna, she wash't even fighting one kind of Cancer, she had to beat two. I knew she could do it though, we just had to have faith.

Once the paramedics saw that I had calmed her down, they cam back over and began to stick monitors on her exposed chest and stomach. I stayed by Anna's side the whole ride to the hospital, comforting and distracting her. There wasn't really anything Anna could say or do, but I just kept telling her how proud I was of her and eventually began to sing softly into her ear as I stroked her hair. I knew we were going to be in for a rough night, but I wanted it to go as smoothly as possible for Anna. She deserved that at the very least.

A/N: Hey guys! This is demiLOVEato92, I'm sorry for the slight delay and how short this chapter is, but it's kind of a filler. I know the plot in this story is getting kind of depressing, but just as a disclaimer I wanted to put this out there: I AM NOT GOING TO KILL ANNA! I know Cancer is a real thing and that most people know someone who has been effected by it which makes it a touchy subject. So basically if any of you are getting sad because of these chapters just know that it will defiantly have ups and down regarding her sickness, but the book will end happy so just be reassured by that. Anyway, stay strong guys and thanks for reading!! PS... HOW FREAKING AMAZING IS CONFIDENT??? DEMI JUST DROPPED THE ALBUM OF THE YEAR!!! <3