Chapter 18

Demi's POV

"Is anyone here related to Anna?" one of the paramedics asked while they were getting ready to leave.

"No," I answered. 

"Well we can have one person in the ambulance so is there anyone she's close to that would want to stay with her?" he asked. I hesitated. I didn't know if she would want me with her or if I could even hold myself together for her. 

"Demi, go with her. She needs you. The first thing she said when she snapped out of her seizure for a minute was 'Demi'," Kelly said. She was right. She needed me and Jake told me to be there for her when she needed me. I got into the ambulance and sat down on one of the chairs. I hated seeing Anna like this. She was strapped down to keep her from falling and she had an oxygen mask on, a ton of cords connected to her, her eyes were rolled back into her head, and she was still convulsing. There were paramedics all around her putting different medications into her IV and trying to get her to come out of her seizure. After a few minutes she stopped convulsing. When she opened her eyes and realized where she was she started freaking out. She was struggling to talk but she couldn't because of the oxygen mask. She was trying to get the restraints off of her, but she couldn't. I pushed through the paramedics to be by her side. I went and grabbed her hand and when she saw me she calmed down some. The paramedics took the restraints off of her. She went to take the oxygen mask off to talk. One of the paramedics told her she needed to keep it on, but she still tried to take it off. I grabbed her other hand so she couldn't take it off.

"Anna, you need to leave that on okay? You had a seizure and they are just taking you to the hospital to make sure you're okay," I said to her trying to get her to calm down. She was still trying to talk. A single tear rolled down her cheek. She looked terrified. "You don't need to talk right now. I want you to keep that mask on and calm down so you don't have another seizure okay?" she nodded as a couple more tears fell down her face. I wiped them off and started stroking her hair. "Everything's going to be okay. I wont let anything happen to you, I promise," she stared right into my eyes and squeezed my hand when I said that. Her eyes started to get heavy but she wouldn't let herself fall asleep. "You can sleep Anna. I'll be right here. I'm not going anywhere," she let herself sleep when I said that. I continued to stroke her hair and hold her hand until we got to the hospital.

When they started to unload her she woke up panicked again. squeezed her hand and she looked at me and calmed down. I walked right next to her all the way to the emergency room she was in. She feel asleep again while we waited for a doctor to come in. After a couple minutes a doctor came in. She didn't look much older than me. She shook my hand and introduced herself as one of the doctors who had been working on Anna's case. She asked me some questions about what had happened and explained that Anna hadn't had a seizure since before surgery so they had to run some tests to see what caused it. Anna woke up and the doctor went over to her and took her oxygen mask off. "How are you feeling?" the doctor asked Anna sitting down at the foot of the hospital bed. Anna wouldn't look at her and she just shrugged her shoulders. "Okay, well we are going to admit you so we can run some tests on you. We need one of your legal guardians to come and sign some stuff. Would you like to call them or do you want us to?" 

"I'll call them," Anna said. She grabbed her phone and started calling them as the doctor left the room.  I hear the person on the other end of the line say "What do you want?" then Anna turned the volume down so I couldn't hear the other end of the conversation. 

"Can you come up to the hospital and sign a couple papers?" there was a long pause and Anna looked like she was holding something back. "Okay, thanks. Can you bring me a bag with some of my clothes and stuff in it too?" after a minute Anna hung up. I looked at her confused. "They will be here in a couple minutes," was all she said. We sat in silence for a couple minutes then Anna broke the silence. "Demi, thank you for coming with me, but you really don't have to stay," she said but her eyes looked sad like she wanted me to stay.