Chapter 56

Demi's POV:

I carried Anna into the MRI room and the doctor directed me to lay her on the table connected to the MRI machine.

"I'm gonna put you down, okay baby?" I whispered to Anna.

I felt her nod against my neck so I gently placed her on the table in a sitting position.

"I'm just going to insert and IV into your arm so I can inject this blue dye. It won't hurt at all, but it might feel cold." the doctor said to Anna.

She nodded slightly, but I knew she was nervous so I walked over and sat on the table with her while the doctor inserted the IV. I then stood up and guided Anna into the lying position as the blue dye was injected.

"Okay, Anna. We're gonna leave the room and slide you into the machine. Try not to move at all. You've done this before so I trust you know what to expect. Just say something if you need out." the doctor said, motioning for me to leave the room with him.

I leaned down and planted a kiss on Anna's forehead before following him into the next room to watch. Anna didn't panic at all like she had the first time I was with her for an MRI and after 45 minutes it was over and we were back up in Anna's room, waiting patiently for the doctor to come in.

He had told me in the hallway earlier that he would have to do a bone marrow biopsy to diagnose any possible leukemia and it honestly made me super nervous. I couldn't stop thinking about the last time Anna had to have a biopsy done. It wasn't pleasant at all and I was not looking forward to telling Anna she would need another.

Anna was currently sleeping peacefully on the bed while I had been checking twitter and catching up on texts for the past 30 minutes. She began to slightly stir in her sleep so I put my phone down and walked over to the edge of her bed, sitting down and gently stroking her head. As soon as I touched her, her eyes fluttered open and landed on me.

"How are you feeling, sweetheart?" I asked.

"I'm okay." She said in a raspy voice.

"Just okay?" I replied.

I hated to see her in pain and if she was, I definitely didn't want her lying to me about it.

"Yeah. I don't feel the greatest, but I'll be fine." She shrugged.

"I'm sorry, baby. Can I lay down with you?" I asked, pulling back the covers because I already knew her answer would be yes.

I climbed in with her and she instantly buried her head into my neck. I wrapped my arms gently around her, holding her close to me. It was only a few moments before we were both asleep.

Anna's POV:

"Wakey, wakey ladies." I woke to someone saying.

It was a deep voice so it wasn't Demi. Speaking of Demi, she had her arms wrapped around me, pulling my body into her. I squirmed a little to wake her up because the voice haden't. Demi groaned when I did, but still opened her eyes and sat up when she saw that there was another person in the room. It was the doctor.

Demi quickly jumped out of bed and stood, signalling the doctor to speak.

"Okay. So I just came in to tell you that we have scheduled a bone marrow biopsy for 3:30 today and after that we will have a meeting with you guys to discuss the results of all the testing and we'll go on from there." he said.

I felt my body tense when he said I would need another bone marrow biopsy. I glanced up at the clock. Great, it was 3:15. Only 15 minutes before more torture. I still remember the first biopsy all too well. I was not about to have another one giant needle drilled into my bone. I found myself trying to hold back tears as Demi continued to talk to the doctor. I have no clue what they were saying because I was too focused on keeping calm and possibly finding a way out of this dumb biopsy. Maybe I would be able to convince Demi not to let them do it. Maybe I could just get her to take me home so I could live normally. Finally after a few minutes the doctor left. I was relieved because I don't think I could have lasted any longer without having a complete meltdown.

"Demi." I whined.

She turned to look at me and noticed the tears welling up in my eyes.

"Anna, baby what's wrong?" she asked.

I just broke down. All the tears I was holding started to flow. I felt like such a wimp, but I guess I kinda was to it was pretty fitting.

"Woah, calm down. Tell me what's wrong." Demi soothed, sitting on the edge of the bed.

I rolled over so my face was buried in her stomach and took a minute to calm myself down before speaking.

"I don't want another biopsy. Please, I'm fine. Just take me home." I cried.

"Shh, shh. It's okay baby. You know I can't just take you home. We need to make sure you're okay. There's really nothing to worry about though. I know that last biopsy you had was scary, but I already talked to your doctor and told him to make sure you are completely numb so there will be no pain." she explained.

I knew Demi was right, but I couldn't help feeling this way. As you can tell I have trust issues so I was still not about to let anyone drill into my back again.

"Demi no. I can't. I won't." I said, trying to sound firm, but failing.

Demi chuckled a little which made me even more mad.

"Baby, you don't have a choice. I'll be right here the whole time though." Demi said.

I just furiously shook my head.

"I'm really sorry baby. Shoot over." Demi said, motioning for me to move over.

She probably wanted to cuddle, but I was too mad at her. I moved my gaze from Demi to the door in the corner of the room and hatched an idea. I knew it was dumb, but I seriously wasn't about to have another biopsy. I shooted to the end of the bed and waiting for Demi to lay down next to me before bolting up, despite my sore body, and running out the door. No one could stop me.

A/N: Hey guys! It's DemiLOVEato22. Sorry this took so long to write. I was super busy, but I should have more time now for more frequent updates so you have that to look forward too. I hope you all are enjoying this book so far. The parts Bestrong1998 wrote are obviously flawless and I love them, but I would love to hear your opinions/ feedback on the chapters I have written. I wanna know what I can do better and stuff since this story deserves the best. Any suggestions on what you want me to do and where you want this story to go?? 45 votes and 10 comments for the next update! Thanks!!