Chapter 70

Anna's POV:

*end of vacation*

This had honestly been the best four days possible. Despite the fact that I was in pain or didn't feel well a majority of the trip, I still managed to have a wonderful time. Demi defiantly went out of her way to make sure I had fun and was feeling well and although I was obviously super thankful for her, I just wanted her to enjoy herself too. She deserved to relax a little without having to worry about me and I knew that so last night I convinced Demi to take Bella out of a special dinner. She originally refused, saying that she didn't want to leave me alone, but after assuring her over and over that I would be fine, she gave in under the condition that she put me to bed first. Yeah, she was super over protective of me.

"Good morning, baby girl!" Demi yawned and snuggling into me in bed.

"Demi? Why are you in my bed?" I asked, confused because she and Bella had their own bed.

"I missed you last night so I hoped in with you when me and Bella got home." She stated.

"Oh, how was it?" I asked, stretching my body out before cuddling back into Demi's side.

"Amazing." Demi sighed in content.

I smiled. I was glad Demi seemed happy. I always felt like I stressed her out and I knew in the up coming months she would be even more stressed. The only thing worse than having a deadly disease is someone you love having a deadly disease. I know because when I think back to Jake's death, I would have given anything to take his place and not have to watch him suffer the way he did. It was awful.

"What are you thinking about?" Demi asked after a minute, pulling me from my thoughts.

"Nothing. I'm just glad you had a good time. You deserved a break." I stated, my voice dropping at the last part.

Demi sat up against the headboard as I spoke, concern flooded her face.

"Anna, what do you mean a break?" Demi asked.

"Demi, you know what I mean." I stated.

"No, actually I don't." Demi countered me.

"I just feel like I put you through so much and I hate doing that to you." I explained, honestly.

"Oh sweetheart. It may seem like we're going through a lot, but it's nothing I can't handle. You're just a kid, not even fourteen yet. You don't deserve to go through what you are, but believe me when I tell you, the biggest joy in my life is getting to be there for you. I wouldn't trade it for the world. You make me so happy. I don't want a break from you." Demi said, causing tears to well up in my eyes.

"You promise?" I asked, sheepishly.

"Of course baby girl." Demi replied, pulling me into her arms.

I nuzzled my face into her chest and gripped onto her like my life depended on it. It honestly felt amazing to be loved by Demi. I know she always says that she has the privilege of loving me, but truly I'm the lucky one here. I mean, how many people can say they go the chance to not only meet their idol, but become family with their idol. Demi was literally about to become my mother and I don't know what I did to deserve her love.

"I love you." I mumbled into her chest.

"I love you too baby girl. Now come on. We need to get up and give you your shot before we leave for the airport." Demi stated.

I sighed, remembering the fact that my egg collection was tomorrow. Vacation is great while it lasts, but reality tends to hit you like a slap in the face. Although, I was sure what would go on tomorrow would be much worse than a slap and it terrified me.

A/N: Hey guys!!!! Sorry for such a short update and the fact that I skipped a lot of the vacation. I just felt like it would drag and get too repetitive so I decided to just move right on along with the story. Well, I hope you're enjoying and as always, THANKS FOR READING!

-demiLOVEato92

Next Update: Saturday

Early Update: 30 votes