Chapter 47

Demi's POV

"You forgot about me," 

"What? Baby girl, I could never forget about you! What makes you think I forgot about you?" I ask thoroughly confused.

"Nothing, never mind. It doesn't matter," she said rolling over away from me.

"Baby, it obviously does matter if you're this upset about it. I don't know what you're talking about, but it's killing me knowing I'm the cause of your pain. Please just tell me what you're talking about. I promise I'm not going to be mad," I bargained. She didn't move. "Baby, please," I pleaded.

"I told you! You forgot about me! You don't care about me anymore! Tonight at dinner I couldn't get my food down and I was really trying hard for you, but when I looked over you were talking to Isabella and you didn't even seem to care that the only thing I wanted right then was for you to hold my hand and help me like you always do!," she yelled at me. I was getting ready to tell her that I didn't want to make a big scene out of it and show her the granola bar I brought up for her, but she continued. "Then you were too busy talking to her to notice that I had been upstairs by myself for over an hour! I could've been in the shower dead, but you didn't care! I really wanted to cut, but I didn't because I thought you already hated me enough since you are obviously trying to replace me with Isabella so I didn't want to push you over the edge and make you take me to an orphanage! Oh and then you just assume that I'm okay with Isabella moving in with use, which I am, but I just don't want her to replace me and you to forget about me, but I guess it's to late since you already did," she cried. I felt my heart shatter into a million pieces. Did I really make her feel this way? I was in tears myself, but I looked over to see Anna in hysterics. I pulled her onto my lap despite her struggling against me. 

"Oh baby, I'm so sorry! I didn't know that that's how you felt. I wish you would've just said something. I'm not trying to replace you and I'm never going to drop you at an orphanage! You can't get rid of me that easily!" I said with a slight smile. I got a small smile from her, but it still seemed like she didn't believe me. "Bella is staying here because her dad kicked her out for an extremely stupid reason and she didn't have any place to go. I promise I didn't forget about you while you were in the shower, I lost track of time while I was trying to get Bella settled and I'm so, so, so sorry that it took me so long. When I realized the time I just about had an anxiety attack worrying about you! I ran up here as fast as I could to check on you! That's why I made you let me check you all over for cuts because I felt guilty for leaving you alone for that long and I was scared that you had done something. And the whole dinner thing, I didn't want to make a big deal out of it and embarrass you so I decided to just let you not eat and feed you when we got home. I brought a granola bar up for you, see?" I said. She had started crying again. "There is no way in hell I'll let Bella replace you, she's 18 and she's only staying here till she get's a job and is able to pay for her own place okay? Nobody can replace my baby Anna!" I said. Suddenly she threw her arms around my neck and began sobbing into it.

"I'm so sorry," she repeated over and over again.

"Baby girl, calm down. You have nothing to be sorry about. Just come to me next time you feel like this and I'll try and fix it, okay?" I asked. She nodded. "Now let's get some food in that little tummy of yours!" I said enthusiastically. 

"Demi, I'm 13, not a baby," she said still sniffling from crying. 

"But you're my baby!" I said poking her nose. She giggled. I reached over and grabbed the granola bar, unwrapping it. Anna moved her arms from around my neck to my waist, resting her head sideways on my chest as I fed her. I could feel her jaw moving as she chewed, against my chest. By the end I could tell she was struggling, but she managed to get through the whole bar. "I'm so proud of you," I said while kissing the top of her head. I started to lay down with Anna on top of me, but she tried to roll away. "No stay!" I said wrapping my arms tightly around her. She smiled and held onto me tighter as I laid down with her on top of me. She snuggled into me once we were laying down and I held her tightly to me while rubbing her back. Her tiny body was laying right on top of me, facing me with her arms around me and her head buried in my chest. I could feel her even breathing on my skin letting me know she was content. "Baby?" I asked.

"Hmm?" she mumbled.

"I'm so proud of you for trying to eat tonight even though I wasn't helping you, and for staying strong and not cutting when I wasn't there for you. You are so strong my little warrior," I whispered to her. I felt her smile against my chest.

"I love you Demi," 

"I love you too baby," I said as I reached over and turned the lamp off then returned my arm to Anna's waist firmly holding her. I could live in this moment forever. Watching her body rise and fall from my breathing and feeling her warm, tiny, body pressed against mine, while her even breaths tickle my skin in time with my breathing. Everything about this moment is perfect.

A/N

For those of you who were confused, I hope this explains it. You guys seem to like Demi and Anna moments the most so here's a cute little sappy moment:) It's kind of short again, but I hope it satisfies you guys since some of you like to beg me to update;)