Chapter 7

Demi's POV

"I'm sorry Anna but..." He made a dramatic pause. I could see tears forming in her eyes so I elbowed him and everyone laughed tensely. "You're going to have to spend more time with this brat because your moving on to the next round!" He said pointing at me.

"Hey! I think its worse that she has to spend more time with this old grumpy man right Anna?" I looked to Anna but she was collapsed in a stoop covering her face with her hands. She was shocked. I don't know why cause she is absolutely amazing. 

"I'm sorry but the people in the back row you will be going home today," Simon said. They began hugging each other disappointed. Some of them were crying. Everyone started walking off the stage and when Anna realized it she stood up still freaking out.

"Oh my god! Thank you guys so much!" Anna said trying to control herself. I flashed her a big smile. She waved as she was walking off the stage. Kelly and Paulina waved back and Simon winked at her with a smile on his face.

"I really like her!" Simon said.

"Eww Simon! She's 13 and you're like 90!" I joked.

"Not like that! You know what I mean Demi!" He said while punching my arm.

"Whatever grandpa," I said as the next group walked on stage.

After all the groups were done it was time to see which category we got to mentor. I was praying for the girls just so I could mentor Anna. I wanted to get to know more about her. We each stood at a separate exit to the auditorium. When we got the okay we walked through the exits at the same time reveling what category we had. Yes! I had the girls. I was attacked by a bunch of exited teenage girls. All of them were between 16 and 21 except Anna. I think she was the youngest in the competition this year. Wait a second where was Anna?

Anna's POV

Waiting to find out who our mentor was was even more nerve wrecking than waiting to find out if I was going to the next round or not. I really wanted to get Demi since I was a huge Lovatic, but I'd be okay if I got Kelly. I didn't really want Paulina or Simon. I couldn't understand Paulina's accent very well and Simon kind of scared me. I was surrounded by a bunch of other girls waiting for whoever our mentor was to walk out. I felt my anxiety levels rising. My chest got tight. No please not right now! I grabbed onto the wall holding myself up and trying to get myself to breathe normally. It wasn't working. Then all the girls started jumping and screaming which made it way worse and before I knew it I was having a full out anxiety attack. 

Demi's POV

Once I got the girls off of me I found Anna. She was sitting in a ball on the floor. I was really confused. Did she not want me as a mentor? Then I remembered she had cancer and panic rushed into me. Shit I hope she was okay. I walked over to her putting my hand on her back before squatting down to her level. As soon as my hand touched her back I knew exactly what was happening. Her breathing was fast and uneven and she was shaking. She was having an anxiety attack. "Hey, are you okay?" Why did I say that? That was so stupid! Of course she wasn't okay. I completely forgot about the other girls until one of them asked what was happening in a worried voice. "I think she's having an anxiety attack would you girls please go wait in the hallway? I'll come talk to you later." I heard one of the girls say something about Anna being a drama queen and it took every thing in me not to turn around and start telling her off but I just ignored it. I turned my attention back to Anna. She looked terrified. I sat down next to her and grabbed her hands. Her hands were freezing and sweating. "Anna, look at me," She glanced her eyes up at me for a second and then they went back down and her breathing got faster when she realized who I was. I couldn't tell if she hated me or if she really liked me and I shocked her. I scooped her onto my lap. God she was tiny! Her whole body tensed up. Good job Demetria your just making it worse! She tried to get off my lap and curl back up into her ball but I held her still. "Baby, look at me," I instantly regretted calling her baby, scared that it was going to make her freak out more. Now she was holding her breath. I tipped her chin up so she was looking at me. "You have to breath okay?" I gave her a comforting yet stern look. She was breathing again but it was very uneven and strained. I pulled her hands up to my chest holding them to my heart. "Focus on my breathing okay?" I breathed as slowly and calmly as I could with one hand holding her hands to my chest and the other wrapped around her supporting her. After about 10 minutes she finally calmed down. She had like snapped out of her trance she was in and shoot up off my lap.

"Oh my God! I'm sorry I didn't..." she tried to walk away but I grabbed her arm and pulled her into a hug.

"Its okay! I have anxiety too. It's not your fault," I said trying to calm her down again worried that she'd have another anxiety attack. Her face had turned red. She was obviously really embarrassed by what had just happened.

Anna's POV

Did I really just have an anxiety attack in front of Demi Lovato? Wow I'm so stupid. She's going to hate me even more now. I shoot off her lap and tried to apologize and walk away but she pulled me into a hug. Everything suddenly felt so much better. Her hugs were so perfect. I had to keep my fangirl inside or else I'd probably freak her out even more. She whispered into my ear, "It's okay! I have anxiety too. It's not your fault." For some reason that just made me want to burst out crying but I held it in. "Come on lets go meet up with the other girls in your category," Demi said. I felt really weak from chemo and the anxiety attack and I think Demi could tell because she tried to put her arm around my waist to walk out to the lobby but I was too short and she had to bend down so she threw me onto her back instead.

"What are you doing?!?!"  I screeched while laughing.

"I'm giving you a piggy back ride! What does it look like?" I just laughed in response. When we got out to the other girls Demi put me down a few of the girls rolled their eyes at me and Demi shot them a look. Great, people already hate me. One of the girls asked me if I was okay and I told her I was fine. Demi started explaining how we'd all pick out a song for the four chair challenge and then we would work with a vocal coach on that song an hour daily for a week and how she would get a half hour with us each over the course of the week before we had to preform for the four chair challenge. She worked with us to set up the times we would have our vocal coaching and our mentoring session with her. I was the last one to get to choose a time. The only time available for the mentoring session was right after my next chemo session... great.

"