Chapter 46

Demi's POV

When I got upstairs Anna was just sitting on my bed. "Thank God you're okay! Why didn't you come downstairs when you got out of the shower? I thought you were dead or something!" I said, relief washing over me.

"Uh sorry? I just heard you and Isabella talking downstairs so I didn't want to interrupt. I swear I didn't do anything!" she said, but she seemed off. I don't know, it's like that little spark of happiness in her eyes faded again. 

"Can I check?" I asked because something told me she was hiding something.

"Yeah sure, I guess," she said. I went over to her and checked her wrists and her hips, nothing. I don't know why, but I still feel like she did something.

"Stand up," I said to her. She groaned and stood up. I pulled her so she was standing in front of where I was sitting on the edge of the bed. "Do you have a bra on?" I asked. I watched her face flush red with embarrassment. Sometimes I forget she's only 13 because she has such an old soul and she's been forced to grow up too fast even. I guess she's still in the stage where everything like that is still awkward and embarrassing. 

"Uh no, why?" she said. Ugh, of course she wouldn't... I mean she doesn't even need one considering she has nothing for a bra to hold up, but it would've made this so much easier for both of us.

"Because... undress," I said. 

"What, Demi no!" she cried.

"You do have underwear on, right?" I asked.

"Of course! Duh!" she said.

"Hey! I'm just checking!" I said throwing my hands up in defense. She rolled her eyes and just stood there. "I'm waiting," I said she shook her head and crossed her arms. "Come on! You have underwear on, you're fine!" I said. She shot me a glare before finally undressing. When she was finished she stood the with her arms crossed over her chest in just her underwear. I pulled her over to me by her arm and spun her around so her back was facing me. She shivered when my hand touched her bare skin.

"Your hands a freezing!" she whined.

"Sorry," I said before running my eyes across her whole backside looking for cuts. Once again nothing. I pulled down the edge of her underwear some to check for cuts around her hips. She immediately tensed. I apologized and then spun her around to face me. I ran my eyes over everywhere I could see, still nothing. I couldn't see her ribs or the insides of her upper arms because of how she had them crossed. I gently grabbed her wrists to pry her arms away from her body, but she kept them tensed up so much I couldn't move them. "Come on Anna, just cooperate real quick and then you can put your clothes back on," I said still trying to pry her arms away. She relaxed her arms some so I could pry them apart. I looked up to her face and gave her a small smile, but she was completely avoiding my gaze. I quickly eyed over her still seeing nothing. "Arms up," I said. She cooperated this time and lifted her arms above her head. I checked her inner arms for cuts and then grabbed her waist and spun her to either side so I could see her sides, still nothing.I let her get dressed then pulled her into a hug. "I'm so proud of you baby girl," I whispered to her. She didn't hug back or say anything which was weird. Something still up, but Bella's waiting for me so it'll have to wait. I went downstairs and showed Bella around quickly then showed her to Anna's room so she could get ready and go to bed. I went to the kitchen and grabbed a granola bar and a water bottle for Anna since she didn't eat much dinner and then went back upstairs to Anna. She was curled up in a tiny ball under the covers. I went and sat next to her pulling the covers away from her so she could eat, but I quickly sat the granola bar and water bottle down when I noticed she was crying. "Baby girl, what's wrong?" I gasped.

"N-nothing, I'm fine," she snapped.

"You an I both know that's not true," I said as I laid down on my side so we were face to face. She tilted her head down so I couldn't see her face. "Anna, talk to me," I said as I tilted her chin up then held both of her hands in between us. 

"You forgot about me," she whispered with tears in her eyes.

A/N

So it's really short... sorry I have a lot of projects I'm working on right now so the updates might be shorter, but I'm gonna try to update more often. I went back and read some of the chapters in the beginning of the book and I feel like it's progressively getting worse. Idk... What do you think?