otway

george was on the edge of the storm with a reporter that could not seem to shut up, she just kept asking him questions as it wasted his time for the storm.

the lady had turned back to the camera, and george straight up just walked away, he didn't care that she was calling out to him, this storm meant so much more.

This tornado, Austin Arkansas, was utterly unexplainable. The winds, the rains, the overall size of it? It was something george had never seen before.

"Bolt, you got anything yet?" george popped up to his van window, looking through the open space at his partner, best friend, roommate, Bolt.

Her real name was Aurora but after she literally survived a deadly lightning strike, the nickname grew. She had deep, deep blue curly hair that fell just below her shoulders, the ends were slightly teal seeing as the dye was starting to fade, but that didn't matter, not now.

The team was trying to figure out the width of the tornado, with their own satellite and Doppler that they managed to drop in the middle of the storm, they were garneted success.

"holy shit, its just over four miles wide, its stretched across Cabot right now" she pointed at a particular spot on the tablet that she held, pointing directly over a part of the town that george somewhat recognized. It was the mafias house, The Huff mafia.

"its going to destroy that house, especially with winds that are record breaking" george stared at her with a smile as she started typing something into her tablet, just seeing more and more about the storm.

The two of them both have their own vans, with being quite famous, they could afford it. Bolts was a white van with purple and blue lines that streaked the van, lightning lines. georges however, it was black with grey looking splotches on the sides, it almost looked like a storm cloud.

"fuck okay" bolt angled her tablet towards george and they saw the same thing, the storm had just turned, it was still going to level the whole town of Cabot, but it was getting larger, almost splitting in half.

"im going to go through cabot, try to stay close but get something decent" george slapped the door of her van and she nodded, him turning around and jogging over to his van, starting it and pulling right out of the lot in which they were.

he lit his lights up, speeding down the road with his alarms going off. Of course, as a storm chaser, having police lights and alarms is somewhat normal. His alarms had one message on repeat, saying to get clear of cabot.

He sped through the streets, soon making it only a mile away from the storm. george was now in cabot, parked on the side of the road, staring into the distance as he watched the tornado completely demolish house after house, threatening to pick completely roofs off the structures.

As he held quickly set up his cameras and what not, he saw Five black SUV's racing backwards in traffic, going towards austin. He knew who they were, it was the mafia. they were evacuating the house.

george was almost in the middle of no where, cars were starting to thin out until there was almost no one on the road beside him. he watched the storm, he watched it move over houses, and then he watched it hit the mansion that stood clear in the distance. It moved over the brick structure, leaving it in almost complete ruble.

but george watched, he watched the storm as the winds seemed to change directions, which was scientifically impossible. he was confused, but then he saw that the winds didn't change directions, the tornado had turned around, heading dead on for him.

as soon as he saw this, he spun around and attempted to get into his van, but was abruptly stopped by the telephone cords snapping from the poles, falling onto the ground near him. with that, he looked up and saw the large wooden poles were falling over, like dominos. That gave him all the more reason to run, but he was almost mesmerized.