entytway eightway

corpse stood behind the man in fear, looking at clay who sat there with an unreadable, smile almost.

that was the scariest thing both corpse and techno have ever seen. they knew he was mad, they knew he wanted to kill this man, but watching him contain it and put on a calm looking smile, they knew it was bad.

"you have two daughters right?" clays voice was almost like a chuckle, he smiled with his teeth. it made corpse want to just disappear and techno debated just walking out right now.

paul looked at him in fear, slowly nodding his head.

"you give me a name, you can walk out right now and go back home to them" clay leaned forward in his chair, locking eyes with paul as little bits of blood still remained on his face.

"and if I dont?" the man attempted to shoot back with the same attitude but it came out more like a hushed whisper, his voice much higher than it really was.

"well short version, they will grow up without a father" clay shrugged and stood up, stuffing his hands into his pockets and staring down at paul who looked terrified.

corpse backed up a little, not wanting to be caught in any type of crossfire. techno stood close to the door, his hand already on the handle as he threatened to run.

"I dont know a name" the man returned to his original state, being closed off and not listening.

"who are you protecting?" the blonde looked down at him with confusion, his eye brows furrowed with emotions flooding through his eyes.

though, paul just started laughing. like this was all a game to him, like it didnt matter what happened to him.

"you wouldn't understand" the mans voice went quiet as he looked down at his feet, avoiding eye contact with anyone in the room.

"try me" clay was being different, so different to the point it was worrying techno and corpse, they looked from eachother and back to clay multiple times as the blonde was being almost, dare I say nice to the man.

"we weren't supposed to kill you. all we were hired to do was scare you, let you know someone is after you" the man spat more blood to the side, this time not into clays face.

"if you die here, whats the point if you dont get the money?" techno joined in, not caring about really anything at the moment besides himself.

"the money isn't for me" paul pursed his lips and shut his eyes, turning to look at techno who seemed to connect all the dots in one go.

"this was a suicide mission" techno squinted his eyes in confusion until they went wide. realizing something he wish he had sooner.

"I was going to die either way" paul laughed, leaning his head back in the chair as he was practically waiting for death.

"your free to go" clay stepped back, staring at him with confusion in his own eyes.

techno and corpse snapped their heads to eachother, seeing clay do this was more worrying than anything. he never let people go, let alone alive.

"what?!" paul lifted his head up, looking at clay in confusion.

"if you leave here alive, this said person will think you failed" clay crossed his arms with a little smirk, techno and corpse calming down slightly because now they knew clay wasn't just letting him go.

paul started struggling once more, this time he managed to break his hands free. corpse immediately jumped forward and grabbed his hands, pinning them being the chair with minimal effort.

"please you cant let me go!" the man cried into the air, and that's when clay assumed it was about more than the money.

he assumed that this person, who ever they are, also knew about his family. either he doesn't leave here and they get paid, or he leaves and they die. it was simple math really, it was a stunt clay had pulled all to often.