ourtyfay eightway

the two made it back to the hotel, clay immediately wiping the smirk off his face and any actual body language as soon as they left the car. They had cameras on them at all times, and even if techno understood why clay was so blocked off, so guarded, he still wished the blonde could just be himself for once.

techno was bouncing his finger against the back of his phone as they walked up the stairs, humming and popping his lips to a familiar sound, a tune almost. it sounded more like 'da, da da da, da, da da da' though it didnt matter what it really sounded like, clay knew exactly what tune it was and part of him wanted to gate keep the song.

the blonde smiled, pushing it off his lips as he opened the penthouse doors and saw it was relatively empty. ash was sitting at the kitchen island with a bright colored drink from the same café he has been at daily since they got to new York, and james sitting at his computers watching some movie to pass time.

but techno didnt stop, he just kept humming the tune over and over and it became to a point where clay knew, he knew ash would hear it. and he did, you could see the visible shift and almost choking on his drink as techno strolled into the kitchen.

"techno shut the fuck up" clay scoffed, a weak smile presenting itself on his face as he took off his suit jacket and hissed in slight pain as he began walking towards the hallway.

"its stuck in my head" techno grumbled, side eyeing clay from the kitchen as the blonde stood in disbelief, watching as the pink haired man pulled out a water bottle from the fridge and crack twist the cap off.

ash shifted uncomfortably, mostly because he was sitting right in the middle of the two as they practically had a staring competition. though ash had a little smile, hearing the old tunes of a song he helped make, one he played in, it was a memory he needed to re fresh.

"listen to one of james' songs, shits unbelievably catchy" clay grinned a little bit and took a glance at james, only to see the brunettes jaw practically on the floor and staring at him like he was crazy.

the blonde spun around, beginning to walk towards the hallway once more before ash stopped him in his tracks.

"how much do you really know about us?" he asked, purely out of curiosity but it came out more like a scared question.

"I know that you both make great fucking music" clay nodded and kept walking, mostly dismissing the question.

and that just left the three standing in the room, techno laughing and the other two staring at each other in shock.

"he knows everything" ash nodded in acceptance, turning to face his drink once more and take a sip.

"yeah you'd be surprised" techno couldn't stop laughing, at this point it was more of a wheeze as he started to walk towards the elevator.

though, the room quieted down and it settled back to what it was before the two arrived. Techno had gone downstairs, mentally preparing himself to talk to laura and kevin with corpse and nick who were already down there. And clay simply went to his bedroom.

he knew he had to go talk to kevin and laura as well, but he just needed a second. There was something about opening up to techno, actually having fun, that gave him this feeling.

he wasn't sure what it was, it was like there was a lump in his throat and his stomach was overturning. He felt happy, but it was overwhelming. he had always been a secretive person, and for some reason this just pushed him over the edge.

his face started heating up, his body was shaky. at first he didnt know what was happening, and that made him all the more scared. he stumbled into his bathroom, kind of slamming the door behind him.