eightyway ivefay

once morning came, clay was already up by sunrise and george followed a few hours later. the brunette refused to actually get ready for the day because he knew all he would do was roam the house and talk with ash or james.

now that the group was actually in a house, there were the two rooms dedicated to certain work things. Now these things, they could range from paperwork to weapons that are being hidden from the police. There really isn't a line that clay wouldn't cross to protect someone or something he held dear.

The blonde sat at his new desk, one he had no choice in picking out because ash and george were so set on making the entire house look decently decorated. With a practically never ending money supply, techno and nick dont blame them.

though as clay was finally starting to get somewhere, a swift knock hit his door and as he looked up, nick was slowly opening it. Clay was a little confused because there wasn't really a reason nick would come in instead of just yelling for him or texting for that matter.

"is something-" clay began to stand up, he was slightly worried but he was put in ice when nick lifted up his hands in a motion to stop clay from moving.

the door gently shut behind nick, being near silent for reasons that just began to make clay more and more worried.

"what is it?" clays voice was lower, quieter after he had gotten the memo with what nick was trying to say.

"wilbur is at the door, he wants to talk to you. But he looks scared- like deathly scared" nicks voice was a whisper, and even though the walls were thick, it just showed how worried the man really was.

"okay.." clays voice sounded not nervous but more confused. Not only did him and wilbur have a rocky relationship but for the brunette to drive all the way out here, and sound scared? that was a reason for clay to be confused.

once clay got out there, it was clear how nervous wilbur looked. But there was something about it, something that threw clay off. He couldn't quite name it but something didn't feel right.

After a bit of arguing, clay finally let wilbur say why he was here and it turns out the brunette wanted help. He wanted a favor.

"Why would i help you wilbur? you are already in my debt?" clay couldn't stop himself from laughing a bit, only because of the fact that it was ironic how wilbur needed this help SO bad to the point where he was willing to come to the mafia.

After some more arguing, it turns out the police needed someone in custody. His name was jarred smith, and wilbur spat his name like a bad tasting seed. Like he had this personal hatred for the man.

This man bordered himself behind an underground casino, one that the mafia knew all too well because it was one of the biggest illegal casinos in the US. Their product flowed through those walls like water, it was in every corner of the place.  And eventually, clay agreed to getting this man from the casino since the police couldn't get anywhere near it. But wilbur knew it would cost him more then just some favor in return.

-

It was no surprise that clay and nick were let into the casino without a problem, their money and drugs were some of the only things actually keeping this place secret from the rest of the world. And no one cared about jarred because no one wanted to get in the way of the huff mafia, everyone knows that never ends well for anyone.

Wilbur was waiting down the block as clay and nick walked jarred down the alleyway. Jarred looked a little confused when he saw wilbur standing there but it was quick to change to a scared face.

Clay knew something was off, he knew that something didn't feel right but he could figure it out. But by the time he connected the dots, a loud gunshot had already gone off and jarred had already fallen to the floor; dead.