Chapter 9-Amara

My eyes flutter open, and I feel like I'm sleeping on a cloud. I stiffen, waiting for Felix to wrap his arm around my waist before I remember my current situation, and I breathe a sigh of relief. I feel Nisha stir and rub his head against my hand, purring contentedly. I sit up, run my hand through my hair, and look around my new room. I notice a cat tree in the corner with a water fountain and cat bowl next to it, and I squint my eyes. Fucking Seth! I would have to punch him later. Obviously, I would follow up with a hug and a thank you, but he has already done too much for me!

I get out of bed, skip my morning self-pity ritual, and head to the shower. I take a nice, long, hot shower knowing there's no way Felix will interrupt my peace. I get out and groan when I realize I don't have anything for my skincare routine. Oh well, I'll order some when I'm deemed worthy enough to start getting paid. I walk out in a towel, trying to find my duffel bag, but I'm interrupted by a knock on my door.

"Come in!" I say, wandering to the closet, but I freeze when I'm hit when the scent of lavender and bamboo swirls around me. I turned to face him, mortified he caught me in a towel. I thought it was Seth, or his mate, Gemma! Okay, nudity is literally no big deal in any werewolf community, but I was ready to drop this towel any minute and tell him to do whatever he wanted to me. Tamisra is instantly awake, urging me to just drop the towel. 'Simmer down, horndog'

The Alpha clears his throat, obviously not expecting to see me in a towel.

"Sorry, I thought it was Seth or Gemma," I say sheepishly

"No worries. I just wanted to let you know that breakfast was in 15 minutes. You're welcome to sit at our table."

"Thank you, Alpha. I'll be down shortly."

"I'll wait for you and escort you down to show you the way." He says, his ice-blue eyes meeting my own

"Oh, okay...I'll get ready quick," I say, my heart thumping erratically in my chest.

I know he can hear it. Stupid fucking heart, giving me away! He exits the room without another word while I frantically try to find my duffel bag. I didn't pack anything nice, but it's better than showing up in a towel. I walk into the closet, and my jaw drops when I realize it's fully stocked. Okay, I am definitely punching Seth, but regardless I'm relieved that I don't have to show up to breakfast in sweats and a tee. Okay, I mean to show myself in front of Alpha Roman in sweats and a tee; obviously, I never really cared what anyone else thought until now.

I throw on black jeans and a black shirt with a leather jacket to cover my mark, doing some quick face makeup. Yeah, I brought my favorite makeup and no decent clothes, whatever. Satisfied with my look, I open my door and see Alpha Roman leaning against the wall.

I sucked in a breath; I didn't realize he had tattoos covering his arms, making him look even more fuckable. He's in jeans, and a button-up with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows. Goddess, how long did it take you to carve this man out to perfection? I need to control my thoughts, or he would smell how turned on I am just by looking at him. Tamisra laughs at me, but I felt her looking through my eyes to catch a glimpse of this God of a man.

He pushes himself off the wall and jerks his head to the side, beckoning me to follow him. We get to the elevator, which dings immediately; we both get in.

"How are you liking your room," he says, looking over at me

"Fine, thank you, Alpha. I didn't expect something so...fancy."

"You can call me Roman when it's just us, nothing formal. Just two people talking. So how do you really like it? "He says, a beautiful crooked smile forming on his face. I can't help but smile back.