Chapter 16-Amara

We're out on the training field now, and I feel so exhilarated. Not only did I just have the best sex I ever had in my entire life, but I'm finally allowed to train! But wait! there's more! I'm training 4 days a week until I get where I should be as a 20 year old wolf. I'm actually not doing too bad considering my inexperience. I always knew I would be a good fighter if I could just get some time to shine!

We started with basic self defense since any experience I had was with that. I knew a couple of maneuvers but it turns out I was way more behind than I originally thought. That and Roman was clearly an overachiever, but it didn't matter because I was catching on quickly. After, he let me get my hands dirty with some offense and I even landed a punch to his jaw but I think he let it happen. Before I knew it the two and a half hour training session was coming to an end.

"Alright, we're done here. Come on get up" Roman says giving me his hand and pulling me up out of the spot he knocked me face down on

"I could train longer! We barely got anything accomplished." I said huffing, but I was starting to get hungry

"You've trained a half hour longer than everyone else! Come, we both missed breakfast"

Just as he said this, Seth walks over and throws an arm around my shoulders.

"Gross you smell like man sweat get off you're rubbing your arm pit on my shoulder" I yell, slipping out of his hold

"Seriously? You're as drenched as I am! Anyways, how did it go? You looked great out there, yanno for your little wimpy ass"

"First of all, I spent the first 9 years of my life beating your string bean ass, the only reason you're such a good fighter was to save yourself from me" I say smugly.

"You played dirty! You literally pushed me down the stairs at least once a week. For no reason! I'd be standing there minding my own business and you'd just come and toss me!"

"Not my fault your werewolf hearing is under par" he glares at me and shoves me in response

"Oh hey by the way, can I use your phone to call Sophie? She's probably worried as hell but I kinda forgot" I suddenly remembered, running my hands through my hair and feeling like a shit friend. She probably already has gone through the 5 stages of grief

"Yeah, do you want to call now?" he says reaching into his pocket

"Hmmm. No not right now she's probably with her mate and I don't want to make him ask any questions. After we eat"

We continued walking just talking about random things and I didn't even realize I walked out without Roman until Seth got off the elevator at the second floor. Ah I'm a damn idiot getting distracted too easily. I'm sure he has shit to do anyways. I'll see him at lunch and make sure to thank him for training me today.

During the training, I was actually surprised to see how casual his pack members were with him. Not in a disrespectful way but I could see how easy they found it to approach him, there were a couple times someone stopped to say 'Hi Alpha' or ask him a training question. Back in Red Moon, Alpha Gunther was hardly ever around or involved in pack life. He didn't even know my name, the daughter of his head warrior, until I was with Felix. It was refreshing to see that he actually cared about his pack members.

Pulling myself out of my thoughts, I give Nisha some love before I head for the shower. Once I'm done, I remember I still don't have any of my skincare products and groan. I will have to ask if there's a way I can get a job around the pack house. I'm sure the omegas need help, and I need an income. Yeah, I'll do that. Satisfied with my decision, Iget ready, deciding to keep my makeup light for today. I'm in my regular cotton bra and underwear when my door opens and Roman comes in.

"I didn't realize we were on a no knock basis" I say as he rakes his eyes down my body

"I'm the Alpha, I don't need to knock" he says sitting on my bed, petting Nisha like he owns the damn place. I guess he does own it but still!

"Well, since it was so important that you rudely interrupted me getting dressed, how can I help you Alpha" I say, making sure to add extra sarcasm into the 'Alpha' part.

"I just wanted to walk down with you to lunch, but fine I'll go without you" he says but doesn't get up and I raise my eyebrow at him

"Bluff called. Give me a few minutes while I get dressed" I say going back into my closet while he chuckles to himself. I decide on a regular flowy dress that reaches my mid thigh. My morning activities along with training made me hot so it'll be nice to air out.

"Hey! Before I forget, can I apply for a job around the house or something with the omegas? I need to get myself some type of income, and then I'll apply as a warrior when you deem me fit" I call out, slipping the dress on over my head and grabbing a pair of flats and walking out. He doesn't respond and I turn to look around to look at him

"What do you need to buy? You don't need to do housework, Amara I would rather you focus on training" he says, a frown set on his face

"Well, considering I left almost everything I own at Red Moon, I need a lot of things. Besides, I only train 4 days out of the week. I can help out on the 2 others and then I have a day off."

"I'll buy you whatever you need, don't worry about it" he says shrugging it off. I think my next words carefully, not wanting to sound ungrateful, but I don't want what I buy to be with the permission of a man again.

"That's sweet of you, but I don't want that. I never had my own income before, much less a real job, unless you consider listening to the ranked females gossip while we plan parties a real job. I understand I rely on you as my Alpha, but I would feel better if I could work and contribute to the pack somehow." I say, sitting down next to him and scratching Nisha's head who is now asleep on the big bad Alpha's lap. I giggle at the sight before I remember this is a serious conversation.

"Fine, I actually need someone to help me in my office. The pack went digital 2 years ago and there's decades worth of pack archives that need to be scanned in and organized within the system." he says

I smile at him and scoot over to him as he puts an arm around me. In the short days I've been here, I already feel like becoming the person I've always wanted to be has been more attainable now than ever before.