Chapter 55-Amara

I wake up against my will as Roman crawls back into bed. I groan as the morning light assaults my eyes and pull my pillow over my head as he pulls me to him. But, I have to get up and train. Ugh seriously, why did I resent being able to sleep in back at the Red Moon pack? I truly didn't appreciate that while I had it. Everything else though definitely sucked.

"Why did it take you so long to come back?" I whine as I snuggle into Roman's embrace. What could a few extra minutes hurt?

"Had to visit the families of the dead, check on the injured, get reports on what happened at the other battle sites, it took longer than expected. Go back to sleep, baby" he says tucking my head into the nook between his neck and shoulder and resting his chin on my head

"You know I have to get up and train, don't tempt me to stay in bed" I say, pushing out of his arms and sitting up on the side of the bed

"No, no come back" he whines. Well, we're both in great moods this morning

"You're needy when you're tired, you know that?"

"Am I wrong for wanting my mate to lay down with me after I've been awake for 30 hours?" he groans

I don't say anything, I could spare a few minutes of training until he falls asleep. I lay back down, and pull him to me. He rests his head on my chest, wrapping his arm around my waist and he's asleep before I can even get comfortable. Damn, how does he sleep like this with me all over him every night? I'm uncomfortable as hell, and I definitely won't be nice about it if he drools all over me.

I untangle myself from him after a few minutes and get ready. I'm pretty sure today is Thursday, which means it's Max's turn to run training. Which would leave Seth or Aston open for me to train with...but honestly I didn't care. At this point, it's my magic that will make or break me, I needed Aylin or my dad.

All of this stress must be taking a toll on me, because I go to brush my teeth and gag as soon as I put the brush in my mouth. Fuck. I brace my hands on the sink as I concentrate on not puking. I take a few breaths, telling myself I'm fine. Guess it's a mouthwash only kind of day then. Although the thought of the mouthwash causes another wave of nausea to hit me, but I power through.

I don't bother walking to the field and just portal myself there. I already outed myself to the entire pack yesterday, goddess I hope Roman isn't upset about that. But what's done is done, I'll just look silly if I try and hide it now.

Looking around the grounds for my regular crowd, I only find Gemma, Violet, and Blue. Right, Aston and Seth were probably up all night with their prisoner. I walk up to them, knowing Gemma would need a partner if Aston was out for the day. She was an impressive fighter, just as good if not better than Roman. She was smaller, so she was more agile, which would make it harder for me, and honestly, I needed a challenge this morning.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Training wasn't enough, I had half a mind to wake Roman up and make him spar with me. The session was long over but I paced on the field, too restless to go inside, and I was so anxious that the idea of food made me want to hurl where I stood.

"If you're that anxious to get your ass kicked you should have come and found me" Aylin yells to me from across the field as she makes her way over to me

"I assumed you were preoccupied. Or asleep." I yell back, excited that she's here so I can get my hands dirty in some magic, but I let out a breath of relief when I see her. I don't know if I thought she would break after seeing him, but seeing her acting normal took a weight off my shoulders.

"Oh, I had my fun, up until about an hour ago actually. I portaled him down to Father's favorite torture chamber, him and Az would have wanted a turn" she says as she appears next to me