Chapter 63-Amara

There's a knock on the door before it opens, and the same person who took me to my MRI, Justin, I think, comes in with a wheelchair. After my MRI, they brought me to a different room with a bigger bed that looked a lot more annoying to move.

Honestly, I could have walked. Now that my supernatural healing kicked in, I feel fine. Starving, but fine. The doctors said I have to eat very slowly to get my digestive system working properly again and that if I ate an entire jar of peanut butter like I wanted to, I would just throw it back up immediately and feel like shit. So, my new best friends were crackers with peanut butter and a side of chicken broth.

"Hello again, Alpha, Luna. Dr. Crowen is ready for you in the ultrasound room," he says as he locks the wheelchair.

I sit up and swing my legs around to get out of bed. Immediately, Roman and Seth jump up, trying to help me. I roll my eyes.

"I told you both, I'm fine!" I say, getting up and sitting in the chair

Roman's nervousness leaks through the bond. These two will most certainly be the death of me, I tried to get up to pee earlier, and Roman tried to convince me to use a bedpan. I almost threw it at his head, and Seth had the nerve to agree. While I didn't appreciate my bladder almost exploding as I argued with them, I wasn't annoyed, just glad to be back with them. And I'm definitely glad to feel the mating bond again; I felt so empty without it. Although, I still haven't gotten Tamisra back, and only a little bit of my powers has returned.

Roman walks beside my wheelchair as Justin takes us to the ultrasound. I was giddy and very glad Samirah never did the ultrasound she was supposed to do. Now Roman and I could experience the first one together.

We stop in front of a room, Justin locking the chair and helping me up. When we walk in, the room is dark, and an older very petite blonde woman with a slender face and large square glasses sits next to a huge machine, which I assume is the ultrasound. The room is almost set up like a bedroom: a stretcher in the middle, facing a TV, a desk and computer in the corner, and the ultrasound machine was next to the bed where the woman, probably Dr. Crowen, sat. I thought it would be like in the movies, where I lay on an exam table with crinkly paper under me while we all squint at a tiny screen with a bunch of black and grey blobs. She stands, comes to the door, and helps me into the bed.

"Hello, Luna! It's so nice to officially meet you! I'm Dr. Crowen. How are you feeling?"

"I'm good! Just starving is all." I say politely as she pulls the sheet up to cover my lower half and exposes my baby bump. I look at the bump that was absolutely flat nine days ago, suddenly a little nervous, as I realize I will have to explain to her why this child is growing so fast.

"It's nice to see you with a little color to you. This will be cold," she says as she squirts gel on my belly. "So, your father and the Alpha explained your situation to me. Right now, I think it's a good idea for us to do daily growth scans to get an idea of when the baby will be born. And, of course, given that this is such a unique pregnancy, we'll be able to pick up on any potential complications." she explains as she presses a probe into my belly.

I look up at the screen in front of the bed as she looks at her own machine. I watch as the baby comes on the screen and the little heart rate sounds through the speakers. Roman grabs my hand and squeezes, his eyes glistening as he looks at the screen. It almost makes me tear up as I return my gaze to it. It's fascinating, not very detailed, but I can at least tell the difference between the head, the body, and the limbs. I'm entirely engrossed as I watch him kick, move his little arms, and swim all around.

"Quite the active little one we have in there. So far, everything looks good. I will probably be quiet for a couple moments as we move around. I'm just copying over measurements and taking pictures. It doesn't mean anything is wrong," she tells me.