Chapter 45-Amara

When we get home from the cafe, I let my father wander off around the perimeter and I find Sophie, Violet, Blue, Gemma, Cici, and Serena in the dining room, eating a lunch of their own. I walk up to them and snag a scone out of Sophie's hand. She yells in protest at me, but quickly grabs another one. I sat down in the chair next to her, munching on my stolen pastry.

"Whatcha guys doin?" I say

"We were just about to go walk the trail around the lake, do you want to come? I told Sophie how pretty it was" Cece says sweetly

"Yeah, I don't think I've been there yet! Let me go find Roman though, I haven't seen him all morning. Can you guys wait like 20 minutes?" I ask, suddenly really missing Roman, I was too distracted to miss him earlier but now that I'm not preoccupied, I just want to curl up in his arms and never leave. Ugh, this damn mating bond has me ungoddessly clingy.

"Of course, we all need to change clothes, anyways. Meet us on the benches by the training grounds whenever you're ready" Gemma says and all the girls nod

I hand Sophie back the pastry that I only left two bites of and she flips me the bird before I run off to Roman's office. When I get there, he's staring intently at his computer. All I ever see this man do is deskwork. No wonder all Alpha's are grumpy. He looks up when I walk in, and pulls his chair away from his desk so I can sit on his lap. I slide onto him and kiss him deeply.

"How was your lunch with your father? I didn't sense any desire to burn any buildings to the ground, so I assume it went somewhat well" he says, pulling away from my kiss but snaking his arms around my waist and resting his chin on my shoulder.

"Well, the whole dad part of it was fine and dandy, I apparently have two siblings. Which made me feel pretty giddy before I learned about the grandfather that wants to hunt me down and kill me on top of the vampires who want to melt my brain. Oh, and by the way we leave for the underworld tomorrow." I say the last part quickly, I internally kick myself for not asking him first. We just spent a week away from the pack, and now I'm dragging him away from it even more. I feel even worse when he rubs his temples and I internally prepare myself for a scolding.

"Well, you certainly have a growing fan club it seems. I expect the full information of this grandfather later. As for the underworld, that's fine. I'll make it work. I've never actually portaled to the underworld, but I remember being taught on how to do so. I'll have to come back here every day to check on things though, but Aston and Max can handle it. I already prepared for this." he says

"I'm sorry, I didn't even ask. I can push it back, I'm sure he won't mind"

"No it's fine, I was hoping for a couple more days before we went, but you'll be busy with your training anyways so I can hop back here during some of those sessions. We need to get you trained properly, I do need to come up with some way for me to be contacted though, should shit go down." Roman says thoughtfully

I shrug "I'm sure you could ask my dad"

"I'll figure it out," he says, shaking his head. Typical stubborn Alpha, not wanting to sacrifice his pride by asking for help.

"Oh, fair warning, my father is very anxious to spar with you." I tease him

"Well, this should be interesting. Although, I can't say I'm surprised. I'm pretty sure he wanted to castrate me when he let himself into our living room. I always wondered whether or not I would meet the king of the underworld one day, but I didn't exactly foresee myself being his prime target"

"God, possessive ass males. If you give our daughter's mate shit for simply being her mate, I'll castrate you myself. At least he didn't get all growly and possessive. Although, I could tell him about Felix, that would surely draw his attention away from you" I said, and Roman growls