Chapter 59-Amara

I groan, waking up a little as I'm dropped onto a hard surface, hitting my head. Fuck, my head hurts, my jaw hurts, my neck hurts. Why does it smell like mold and mildew? What the fuck happened? I try to ask Tamisra what the fuck happened, but when I don't feel her, I'm immediately flooded with the events of today. Adrenaline shoots through me, my eyes fly open, and I sit up.

My baby! My baby, I close my eyes and listen, hearing his strong heartbeat and sighing in relief that he's okay. Then, I look at my surroundings. I'm in a cage, one I've seen before, in that bastard's memory. It looks the same in person. There's the dirty cot with a paper-thin mattress, a puke green blanket that makes me itchy just looking at it, a stained pillow, chains with handcuffs on either side of the bed, and a bucket beside it. I shudder.

I turn around when I hear metal screeching and clunking, seeing Felix close and lock the door. Well, I was much happier when I thought he was dead-Aylin was right; I didn't get all the information I needed to know when I went into his head. I booked it out of there too early.

Felix grins at me before pocketing the keys and walking away. I don't bother asking him where I am; I don't want to hear his voice. I look around the room he left me in. There's a large chair-gold with red velvet cushions, I presume for Silas, which faces an entirely empty room. But other than that, it's all just stacked water-stained boxes along the walls, all moldy. It looks like I'm in some kind of warehouse?

How long have I been out? Does Roman know I'm gone? Dad and Aylin would know something was wrong when I didn't show back up. They must be looking for me. I try to feel for the bond, Tamisra, a fizz of power, anything, but I come up completely empty. I hug my legs to my chest, tuning in again to my little bean's heartbeat and letting it calm me.

What would Aylin and Seth say to do? Other than killing them all, given that's not exactly an option. I'll have to play nice, I have no doubt they'll torture me to do their bidding, and I'll have to endure some of it. They can't kill me or keep my magic immobilized forever, considering that's why I'm here. What will they do when they find out I'm pregnant? They can't exactly use my baby against me unless they have access to abortion medication or equipment. Nausea rises at the thought of that. No, they wouldn't. Would they?

I look up when I hear a door opening and Felix the fuckwad talking. Next to him is a massive pale man with red, hollow eyes and dark bags underneath them. He has a large round nose, a square jawline, thin lips, and a face completely free of hair. The inky, greasy, black hair on his head is slicked back, and he looks sleazy.

Behind him and Felix are three pale people with bright red eyes. One is a beautiful dark-skinned female with braids tied up in a large bun on her head. She has a long slender face, big round eyes, plump lips painted maroon, and a matching tight dress showing off her hourglass figure. The one standing next to her looks exactly like the bald male version of her siblings, I guess. He's huge, bigger than the behemoth of a creep standing before them. One of his arms is the size of my head. Then next to him is a thin but well-muscled blonde man; his hair is short on the sides but long up top; he's got tattoos running up his muscled arms, disappearing under his tight black shirt and reappearing on his neck. His chiseled jawline is clenched, arms crossed as he looks at me.

I look back to Silas. A sinister smile creeps across his face, revealing a perfect row of white teeth with long, sharp fangs where my canines would be. His dead eyes rake over me, causing a shiver to run up my spine, but I don't dare show it.

"Ah, the young tribrid." he hisses. His voice was eerie; looking at him, you would expect it to be deep, but it was more shrill than anything. "You've come to play at last."

I don't say anything, and his smile grows.

"I hope you find your accommodations fitting. Allow me to introduce Samirah, Amon, and Damon. They're all assigned to you. This one," he grins again, he gestures to Felix, "I believe you're already accommodated, quite well, actually." he waits for a response from me, but I remain stoic. "Anyways, I think you know why you're here. So let's cut right to the chase, shall we?" he finishes.