Chapter 13-Amara **

I stayed in my room all day. I feel bad, I should be out there observing training but I can't focus on anything except what Blair told me. I'm standing on my balcony, a glass of wine in hand-thanks Seth- trying to think of all the other supernatural creatures who wield black magic, and I've never had an obvious encounter with any. The werewolf community was really only open to witches. They help us keep our lands healthy and fertile, and we offer them shelter. Most live for free in exchange for their magic, but most of them have shops in the pack's market where they make their income, selling witchy things and doing simple spells and readings. Witches can be dangerous, but the ones in the pack were harmless, not wanting to ruin the deal they have with the pack. Vampires did not have any magic, they had abilities like reading minds, telekinesis, or shapeshifting. Witches and vampires were the only other supernatural beings I had encountered-well, that I had knowingly encountered. Any other supernatural beings generally wander alone or in small groups and don't bother themselves with werewolves.
I'm snapped out of my thoughts when I hear his voice.
"Can't sleep?" he says and I turn to see him standing on his balcony
"Would you be able to sleep if you were me?" I say, laughing. Before I can say anything else, I see him jump across to the balcony next to him, and the next until he jumps onto mine. Holy fuck. He's shirtless, all his tattoos on display, only in track pants. I can see his wet hair running down to his shoulders, free from his usual man bun. His lavender and bamboo scent hits me and makes me feel weak in the knees. I meet his gaze and smile sheepishly at him, hoping he didn't just catch me checking him out. I'm in just my silk robe with lingerie under it, and I loosen my grip on the robe without even thinking about it. He steps over to me, breaking the silence, as we both look at the garden
"Penny for your thoughts?" he says
"Just thinking about today, trying to make some sense of it, thinking of if I've ever encountered anyone with magic who wasn't a witch."
"I see, I'm guessing you haven't?"
"Not that I know of, but who knows. At this point, what can I do about it? We're getting it removed, and I'm in a completely different pack. Whoever it was would have to come find me if they wanted to do anything about it."
"That's true...do you think that will happen?" he asks
"I wouldn't know. I assume it has something to do with Felix but I don't know why he would go to so much trouble. I didn't exactly try too hard to be a good mate, and there's nothing special about me otherwise" I shrug and he's silent. After a moment I feel him brush back the hair I have curtained over the side of my face towards him. I close my eyes, loving the feeling
"Why do you think you're not special? I would disagree, I find you quite interesting, I can't seem to figure you out." he says when I turn and face him. I'm stunned for words at his confession and he laughs when I feel my cheeks tint pink. Damn these cheeks! Always giving me away.
"There's nothing to figure out, I'm an open book"
"I suppose I haven't had the privilege of having an actual private conversation with you where I'm just another person, not your Alpha"
"That's what we're doing, are we not?" I say back, a hint of sarcasm in my voice, and he half smiles, making my heart melt. He's silent for a moment, and I start to feel a little awkward, wondering what I should say to fill the silence.
"You and your brother seem close, did you tell him about today?" he says suddenly
I nod "We've always been close, even as kids. We had sibling wars and all that, but at the end of the day we always ended up laughing. Then when our parents died, there was no one but us who understood our grief, so we got even closer. I was heartbroken when he told me he was moving out of the pack to be with his mate, obviously I wouldn't tell him that because I didn't want to hold him back, but I felt so alone the year and a half that he was gone"
"Didn't you have anyone else, any friends?"
"I had my friend Sophie, and she was always there for me, but she turned 18 less than a month after me and found her mate. I wasn't going to take her off cloud nine. I had other friends but it was all superficial. I never met anyone else who I felt the need to form a deep connection with." I blush, cursing myself for oversharing. Tamisra is forward with me, but doesn't say anything, just observes.
"There's a lot more to you than you think, Amara"
"How do you figure? I just word vomited my entire life to you." I say and laugh, but my heart is thumping under his intense gaze. I can't help but feeling like there's something between us. He's here half naked, at almost 11pm, he's listening to my every word, and my Goddess he's so close to me. It feels...intimate
"You say you're an open book, but who else have you told this to? You don't like feeling like a burden, you have one close friend and your brother who really know you, while no one else gets to prod your mind." Ok who does he think he is, trying to read me? I internally roll my eyes
"Thanks for the psychoanalysis Mr. Freud." I say rolling my eyes, which doesn't go unnoticed by him, but he seems amused rather than angry at my disrespect
"Just giving my impression is all."
"Hmmm" I say, looking back over the balcony, up at the sky
"How did your parents die? Your brother doesn't talk about them much. Just that they were both impressive warriors and good parents."
"My parents were the best. They both died when our pack was invaded by vampires. My mom was swarmed and my dad along with a handful of his warriors tried to get to her but they were a second too late. My dad collapsed in the middle of the battle when he felt her death, and a vampire got him. I watched the whole thing, I was hiding in a tree because I didn't have my wolf yet..." I say, my heart constricting at the memory that's burned into my mind. He looks thoughtful for a few moments before he answers.
"I lost my mom in battle as well. I had just taken the Alpha title, and my parents were at the packhouse visiting me. Rogues penetrated the border closest to the packhouse and both of my parents leaped into battle with me. One ripped her throat open just as another one had broken her leg. I didn't even notice until I heard my dads wolf howl, myself and a couple pack members shielded him while he collapsed. They were only a week away from leaving the pack and traveling the world. They always talked about doing that after they retired. I could have saved her if I was watching her like I should have been..." he's about to say something else when I cut him off and put my hand over his
"It's not your fault. The battlefield is messy. I'm sure your mother was a very capable warrior who never needed to be watched in battle before. If you were distracted, what would have happened to you? If you got distracted watching her and died, your mother would have probably begged the Goddess to take her instead. You can't blame yourself" I say softly, taking a quick breath for courage and clasping our hands together. I take a sip of wine with my free hand, while he stays silent. The silence isn't awkward this time, and it stays quiet for a few minutes.
I look up at him, and see him looking at our hands before he brushes his thumb over my knuckles and I swear I feel sparks leave a trail in its wake. I revel in the feel of it, and lean my head on to his shoulder without even realizing it. He lets go of my hand and just when I start to feel embarrassed for crossing the line, he puts his arm around me and pulls my body closer to his. My heart is beating like a hummingbird's wings when I look up at him. I see brown swirling in his beautiful eyes, showing his wolf and I know he can see Tamisra's eyes bleeding into mine.
He turns to face me, trailing his hand down to my waist, his touch never leaving my body. My breath hitches when his other hand goes to my chin and lifts my chin towards him while he leans down. His lips meet mine gently, but a violent bolt of electricity shoots through my body, straight to my core. I feel every cell come alive while he takes complete control of my lips. His hand slides from my chin to the nape of my neck and I place one of my hands on his chest, the other going to his cheek. He pulls me even closer to him as he deepens the kiss, getting a little rougher.
I let my hands roam down his arms and over his chest, trying to memorize every little thing about him. He breaks the kiss and starts kissing down my neck and I can't stop the moan that leaves my mouth and he growls in response. I have no doubt he can smell my arousal as I clamp my legs together and feel like I'm already dripping. My robe falls open when he comes back up to meet my lips and I push myself into him, wanting to feel his skin on mine. I feel him pick me up and carry me inside. I'm completely crazed when he sits on the couch, making me straddle him and I grind my pussy on the bulge in his pants. I'm so lost in the feel of him, how he's making me feel, I've never felt so alive before in my life. Everything else fades away as he breaks the kiss and starts kissing and licking down the valley of my breasts and back up to my neck while I keep grinding against him.
His hands wander down to my hips while he pushes me into him further, and then to my ass, and then his hands slide up my back to my shoulders where he pushes my robe off. He pauses his assault on my neck and looks at me when the robe comes off. His eyes are almost completely black with lust, and I know mine mirrors his.
"If you want me to stop, you need to tell me now before I lose control" he says huskily while he rests his forehead against mine.
"Please don't stop" I almost whimper and before I can even finish my sentence he's standing back up, and goes to the bed, throwing me on it. I whimper at the loss of his touch and look up at him but he's already crawling on top of me, lifting my body and dragging me to the middle of the bed.
"Hands above your head. Now" he says, a light alpha command rolling off him onto me. I'm in a trance as I obey. His hands are roaming my body, and he quickly gets rid of my bra. My breasts spill out as he grabs one and starts kissing and sucking on my other one. I'm a moaning mess but I don't care, there's liquid fire coursing through my veins. He starts kissing down my stomach while one hand cups my pussy and I shamelessly start rubbing myself into it, desperate for any type of friction he can offer me. He slides both hands up to the waistband of my underwear and I lift my hips thinking he's going to pull them off, but he rips them. The sting makes me jump but only adds to my craze. I feel him shift, sitting back and I open my eyes, his gaze is fixated on my pussy as he trails a hand up my leg up to where I'm dying to feel him. He watches his hand part my folds, and then he leans in.
I feel his hot breath on me before he licks up my pussy straight to my clit and I almost come undone in that moment. He slowly starts twirling his tongue around my clit and I lift my hips to press him in harder, but he puts his massive arm over my waist and shoves me down. He licks me harder and faster and I want so badly to grind my pussy on his face but his arm holding me down doesn't let me. I feel him slip a finger inside me, and then another one, he moves them slowly at first, then faster and faster until I'm just on the edge. I can feel myself getting tighter around his fingers, just as he growls into my clit and I'm thrown over the edge into euphoria. I want to grab his head or the sheets but his alpha command doesn't let me move my arms, so I throw my head back and moan loudly while I ride out the waves of my orgasm.
When I finally come down from my high, he crawls up my body and kisses me roughly, shoving his tongue in my mouth so I can taste myself. He pulls away and we're both breathing heavily for a second before he speaks.
"On your knees" he commands me