Chapter 23-Amara

I wake up to Roman's alarm, groaning when I realize I have to get up with him too. Today was my first day working in his office, and Gamma Max will be waiting for me to show me what to do. It's just scanning and filing, so hopefully he doesn't need to stick around too long. I liked Gamma Max, but I did not want to be around anyone today. I even thought about going back over to my room, but I would just miss Roman anyways, considering I haven't spent a night on this territory without him since the first day.

I was shocked when he told me he was part demon, but it made me feel better about my own possible demon genes. Now that I had time to think about it and accept it, it really wasn't that bad. I don't know who or where in my family the genes came from, but I was relieved to hear it could skip generations, I was worried my mom had cheated on my dad or something. But she wouldn't do that, so it must have just skipped a couple of us.

"You can come to the office a little later if you want to sleep in, I'll tell Max to come back" Roman says in his sexy as hell morning voice. Hmmm, tempting. But I'm already awake and the sooner I get started the sooner I finish for the day.

"No, I'll come. Just don't expect me to be able to hold a conversation. And get me coffee. Lots of coffee" I say, willing myself to get out of bed as he chuckles. I haven't heard from Tamisra since I found out what we were, she wasn't upset, I think she was just trying to understand it, like me. She hasn't blocked me off or anything.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The paperwork is pretty boring, but I've at least got Roman to talk to. I didn't realize how much paperwork came with being an Alpha. How the hell does he do all that and then still make it out to socialize with his pack? He offers for me to come when he goes to check on training from time to time, but I decline. I know I should get to know the pack more, but I'm feeling antisocial. I haven't even mind linked Seth to let him know what we found out, but I know I need to let him and Sophie know. Sighing, I take out my phone and hit facetime on Sophie's contact. It's only 3:00 and I know unless she's with the other pack females, she's probably alone. She answers on the third ring. I smile when I see her perfect face in the camera, Goddess I miss her! I wish I could hug her.

"Amara! I've been dying waiting for you to call! What happened?" she says, I can see her living room wall in the background, showing she's home.

"No one is with you right Soph?" I say hesitantly

"Of course not, Colton won't be home for another two hours and then I'm going out with some of the girls. Janice found her mate so we're celebrating. I wish you were here" she says

"You know I would be miserable going out anyways! I always cling to you like a lost pup" I say laughing

"Yeah yeah whatever, now spill. What did the witch say?" she says, cutting right to the chase

"Well, she couldn't break the barrier or whatever but she and the Alpha think I'm a demon. I guess my eyes turned black during the ritual and the Alpha said what happened with the rogues sounds like demon's magic. He also said it can skip a couple of generations so there's probably demon blood in my family somewhere. He knows a shit ton of things about all the supernaturals" I say and her eyes go wide and her jaw drops

"Damn. Well, I was not expecting that. Did you tell Seth? Maybe he's had signs of it too. I don't know how that stuff works but I can't believe your parents didn't tell you. Also, why was your Alpha there?" she says quickly, she always talks so quickly when she's excited. I smile, she has so many funny quirks about her.

"No, I haven't told Seth yet. I'm sure my parents meant to tell me at some point but never got around to it before they died. I don't think Seth has shown any signs, I'm sure he would have told me as soon as I told him what's going on with me but I'll ask him when I see him" I avoid her question about Roman.