Chapter 69-Amara

One week later

That's precisely what we did. We had funerals for those that wanted their loved ones buried and ceremonies for those who opted for them to be burned on pyres. Aston, being a ranked member, was burned on a pyre with the entire pack present. We put some of his ashes in an urn necklace for CiCi and then released him into the river.

While I've seen Roman tear up, or get choked up, that night, he cried with his head in my lap. He fell asleep after hours, and I didn't dare move a muscle all night. My heart was already broken for him; Aston was Roman's Sophie, but something about seeing my brooding Alpha mate break down like that killed a piece of me.

CiCi wasn't doing any better; one of us was still with her almost all the time. I spent a couple nights with her, but mostly Serena was staying with her since they were always connected at the hip anyways. It was an effort to get her to eat or even go outside, but I wouldn't give up on her; both she and Aston deserved better than that, and even if I wanted to, my own guilt wouldn't let it happen.

Aylin and Azrael had returned to the underworld. Azrael visited almost every day; Aylin every other day, or I went to see her. She stayed over twice, with Damon in the underworld to oversee the overflow vampires staying there; I think she just needed to get away. She refused to talk about him other than saying he was a nuisance and hadn't opened up to any of us about what she was going through. I refused to stop reaching out, though; she needed to know she didn't have to suffer alone.

Dad had stayed; when I asked him if it was okay that he was gone from his kingdom for such a long period of time, he said Aylin had been running the kingdom for the last ten years just fine. His not being there to oversee would be good for her. He checked up on her daily, though; I could tell he was worried about her, just as we all were. He insisted on continuing to help set up for the baby, and he and Az even started running some of the packs training sessions.

As for my own training, this child is still growing like a weed, she's two pounds four ounces now, and Dr. Crowen said I shouldn't be pushing myself. So, we trained every other day for about three hours. Dad was unwilling to teach me anything new, saying that if I didn't take it easy, we wouldn't train at all, which shut my protests right up. Roman was no better; he grumbled every time I left for training, even though he knew damn well we weren't doing any type of combat training.

It was my day off of training, and I'm currently lying in bed, scrolling through countless web pages and looking at baby names. I have not one single idea what I want to name this child, and nothing has appealed to me so far. I toyed around with naming her after one of our moms, but I wanted her to have her own name. I look up as Roman enters our room, covered in dirt and sweat from training.

"Lazy day for you today, I take it?" he says, and I level a glare at him

"No, I'll do things eventually. I'm just looking at name ideas," I tell him, throwing my phone down and giving up on that task for today.

I guess I should probably get my round ass out of bed, or I could nap. Today was the first day I had nothing to do in a long ass time; I'll just enjoy it while it lasts.

"Find any you like?"

"No, she's just going to be nameless forever," I groan as he picks up my phone and scrolls for a minute.

"What about Amelia? I like it, not overused, but she'll still be able to find her name on a keychain," he suggests

"No! Absolutely no 'A' names!" I say quickly, and he looks at me funny before shrugging and taking his shirt off

"We'll just wait until we see her then. Worst comes to worst, her name is a baby girl for a couple days," he says before disappearing into the bathroom to shower.