Chapter 61-Roman and Amara

*Trigger warning, discussion of child loss, threatened abortion, and suicide*

3 days post capture

"FUCK" I snarl as Adonis and I tear apart the bed we found with her scent on it. My warriors linked me over an hour ago, saying they found another warehouse connected to a tunnel. I immediately portaled here, despite knowing they would have moved her again. It only took us twenty minutes to rip apart the roughly two hundred vamps that were here. Given that this warehouse was significantly smaller than the first, between myself, my warriors, and Amara's family, we had it searched top to bottom in forty-five minutes.

It only fueled my rage when I found this room. The bed and the bathroom were the only things with a hint of her scent on them. They couldn't have spent much time here, probably moving her after a couple hours, given that her scent and the four others I found here were so faint and stale.

Outside of giving orders, I haven't spoken to anyone. I have nothing nice to say, and my pack is doing their best, searching tirelessly around the clock, so they don't deserve the anger that would surely come their way if I did interact with them.

Warriors and trackers are constantly scouring the tunnels and the areas they lead to. My small group of IT can only do so much, given there are just 8 of them- a flaw that will be rectified the first chance I get. In the past, there was never a need for a large IT team, given that the most significant threat my pack faced prior to this was an attack from the allies, and they were easily monitored by one or two employees. My personnel are quick and efficient at what needs to be done, but they're still people with lives, and they've already pulled more overtime than I've ever asked them to.

I have a very fundamental understanding of their skill set, so I'm no help to them. The reports my lead has given me said they have the more skilled employees hacking into any electronics found in the warehouses and trying to get into whatever system the vampires use. The others, along with a few new recruits, are focused on finding some similarities in all the warehouses in the area, trying to give them any hint that they would have been owned by the fucker, Silas. That's no small task, given that there are a lot of fucking warehouses, and if all of those come up clear, then we have to expand our search. My hope is that their base camp is one of the larger ones and not an actual house or something untraceable, like any area in the rogue lands.

Once they can give me something, I plan to send my trackers to them to spy. I can't blindly attack and risk them moving her again. I have no doubt that wherever that fucker Silas is, she's with him. So as soon as I find his location, we attack, all hands on deck.

I step back from the bed we just destroyed, trying to take deep breaths and force the blind rage away. Every day that passes, they're more likely to harm her or our child if they haven't already. I'm on a wild goose chase, utterly helpless as the time passes. It's only been three days, and the tether on any control I have is snapping.

~~~~~~~~~~

Amara-8 days post capture

I've lost track of how long I've been here; I've been drugged for most of them, only waking up to eat what little food I was allowed, usually moldy bread, old vegetables, and water. Frankly, eating is the least of my worries. Even though I know my little bean needs it, I can't stomach anything. Once I take my usual three bites of food, Samirah drags me to the bathroom. I've woken up in three different rooms now, including the cage. I at least have the luxury of a toilet in this room. I can't fault them for moving me; I would have done the same. When I'm out, I dream of nothing. My life consists of waking up, listening for my baby's heartbeat, eating, peeing, and blacking out.

I open my heavy eyes and I'm almost happy to see Samirah. She's as pleasant as I can hope for in this place. I guess I puked a couple times in my sleep, and each time she turned me on my side so I didn't choke and cleaned me up. Or so she tells me when I wake up with vomit in my hair. But she at least brings a bar of soap to wash it out when I'm in the bathroom. I've been allowed one bath, and I fell asleep during it, so she had to wash, dry, and dress me. I'd be humiliated if I didn't get some satisfaction out of all that. Serves her right.