Chapter 21-Amara

Today is the day we're supposed to meet Blair again, I'm pretty nervous. I don't really know what this will entail and I wonder if she'll be able to lift the barrier spell and if it will hurt. Sophie suggested that I had witch genes, thinking maybe it skipped a couple generations on one of my parents' sides. It didn't feel right, but it was possible.

I didn't tell Sophie about my escapades with Roman, she knows I'm seeing someone though. It didn't feel like the right time and I wouldn't ask her to keep anything else from her mate. She was already hiding my location from Gamma Colton, who would definitely tell Felix anything he knew about me.

She did tell me though that Felix has been a complete ass, taking all his anger out on the pack members and getting drunk all the time. Serves the dickhead right. Tamisra snarls at my thought of him, she was out for blood. If I ever saw him again, I'd let her take over and do her worst.

As I finish up training with Seth and Beta Aston, I see Roman walk over to us. We haven't been public with our affections, not wanting the pack to start asking questions. But his beta, gamma, and of course my brother knew about us. I thought Seth would go all overprotective on me, but he said if Roman said he had feelings for me then he did. He just didn't want me to get attached and end up getting hurt if I was just a booty call.

A bright wide smile lights up my face when he comes up to me. I figured he would be taking me to Blair's, I kind of wanted to procrastinate with a shower but I should really just get this over with. I say a quick bye to Seth and the Beta as we head off towards Blair's house. I fidget with my fingers nervously.

"You ok, baby?" Roman asks, seeing my hands

"Just nervous is all. I don't know what to expect during or after, if she's even successful. Sophie thinks I could be part witch, but I don't know." I say looking up at him "you'll still like me if I'm a witch, right?"

"Do you even have to ask me that? Of course I will. There's nothing that can make me not like you, I know who you are and what your values are. If you turn out to be a hybrid of any kind, it won't change who you are" he says, making me sigh in relief. I wanted to joke around, but I don't think I would be able to laugh if I tried.

We walk in silence the rest of the way, and I can feel my heart thud as we get to Blair's house. I take a deep breath and put my brave face on. When she lets us in, I'm hit again with the heavy scent of herbs and spices, but I'm expecting it this time. She has a cute little house, as we walk through her kitchen I can see lots of plants, a cabinet with all kinds of labeled powders, leaves, and liquids along with lots of crystals. The only surface in her kitchen not covered in dried or drying herbs is the round table sitting right in front of a big window. She tells me to sit down before going to her kettle and pouring hot water into 3 mugs.

"Alright now, I want to talk for a moment before we start with the ritual." she says handing me the mug.

I don't normally like tea but I take a sip anyways, and am pleasantly surprised when my taste buds explode. The flavors are odd, but still somehow delicious.

"Of course, and thank you this is delicious" I say smiling at her

"You're welcome love. Now, I know I already told you I can't promise that I can do anything about whatever spell is on you. I will want to analyze your wolf too, seeing if there's any hint of black magic in her aura. If I can lift the magic, it will be painful, I won't lie to you. I will need the Alpha here to hold you down. And you" she says turning to him "Do not, and I mean do not, interrupt my spell with your incessant growling for hurting your female. It has to be done."

I raised my eyebrows, how did she know? Oh well. I guess not much could get past a spirit witch, they are the most powerful of the witches and see a lot of things we can't. Roman doesn't seem shocked that she knows so I just brush it off.

"Now let's not waste anymore time. Come with me to my ritual room" she says standing up and taking her mug with her. Roman throws his back in one gulp and I take a few more sips before placing it back on the table. I hope she'll let me finish that before I leave! It was too yummy to waste. I wonder if it was a calming tea, because as I enter the room I don't feel scared or anxious. Just curious.

"Lay here with your head here" she says pointing to the side of the circle facing a massive window. There's a cushion just outside the circle, I assume so Roman can hold me down. Well, here goes nothing.