Chapter 51-Amara

I watched as everyone dispersed, and I would be lying if I said I didn't feel all warm and fuzzy. I definitely expected there to be outrage that I was the reason the pack was under imminent attack, but not one single word of defiance came. Everyone was on high alert, yet no one even looked worried. I knew Roman's pack was powerful, but standing here now, watching his pack-our pack-move about the territory, I realized, I have no idea what numbers he has. Honestly, I don't know the first thing about how this works beyond we kill them, they kill us. But, I suppose I'll find out pretty fucking quick.

I didn't realize I'm still staring out at them as Roman wraps his arms around me and pulls me to him.

"What are you thinking?" he says

"I'm thinking I don't know the first thing about war, or even what your army looks like, and everything feels so real now you know? Before I was only your Luna in theory, we only had to worry about this attack in theory..." I say and trail off. He squeezes me, I lean further into him, needing the comfort and peace only he can offer me.

"You were made for this, you were made to be a leader. Everything has already come to you so easily, this will too. And, you won't be alone. You will never be alone again, you have me" he says.

You will never be alone again.

The utter truth in those words makes tears spring to my eyes. Even if he doesn't know the answers, he won't ever leave me to figure them out all by myself. Never again. Never again will I feel lonely while I fall asleep in the arms of a man, never again will I dread my mate's presence, never again will my life be empty.

I don't respond to him, I simply revel in the realization that I've known this since I woke up next to him with the sparks only he can bring me buzzing through my body. Maybe that self destructive part of me refused to let me really believe it, but there's no denying it. I have a real mate that I love with the same ferocity he loves me, I have a family again, I still have Sophie and Seth.

I'm pulled out of my thoughts as the door opens and Aston walks in with my sister behind him.

"Sorry to interrupt your moment lovebirds, but I have this scarier, angrier version of Amara following me around asking for an update" he says as Aylin, who is clearly unamused by him, gives him a cold glare.

"Be nice to my sister, Aston, or I'll look the other way when she hangs you by your balls from the balcony" I tell him and he just shrugs. I turn back to my sister, ready to fill her in but she puts a hand up

"I already gathered there's an impending attack based on the whispers of your pack. And if I might I add, you raised a bunch of brutes. You know most are excited to fight?" she says with distaste. Roman rubs the back of his neck with his hand

"That's wolves for you. They're heavily trained but rarely see action these days" he says

"Fucking brutes, the lot of you. Anyways, I have an army on standby should you need it. They can portal on my command at a moment's notice." she says looking at me now. I nod.

"Thank you, Aylin" I say and she waves a hand looking around.

"Amara or myself would be happy to show you around if you're interested" Roman says politely to her and she nods.

"Why don't you show her around? I'm going to head out to the training grounds for a little while." I say, looking at Aston who nods his head, confirming he'll train with me. "I'll find you in about an hour or two, Aylin?" I say

I hope she doesn't think I'm brushing her off, but it would be nice for her and Roman to be a little more casual with each other, since I plan on making frequent visits. She only nods and steps to the side as I head for the door, Aston right behind me.