Chapter 47-Amara

The rest of lunch was nowhere near as intense. We made small talk, my father mostly asking about Roman's upbringing and childhood, how he runs his pack, his family...and really just all details about his life. Nosy bastard my father was, but it still warmed my heart nonetheless that he was so interested. He was growing on me, I suppose. I had asked about Azrael, to which Aylin said he likes to spend time in town. She had said it was important for the royal family to be involved with town life, and Azrael took it upon himself most of the time. Afterwards, Aylin showed us to our rooms and told us to meet her back in the throne room in 15 minutes and she would show us to the training arena. That was 10 minutes ago.

I was unpacking my clothes and changing into my training attire-just a sports bra and high rise yoga pants that went to my knees, when Roman came up behind me and pulled my back to his chest. One of his hands went to my throat and the other circled my stomach right above the waistline to my pants. My breath hitched as he kissed down my neck and arousal flooded me.

"What...what are you doing?" I asked, a little too breathlessly

"Seeing if I can convince you to put a shirt on. It will be greatly frowned upon if I kill other demons before we've even been here for 3 hours because they ogle you" he says, just before he bites my mating mark and my body turns molten, my knees wobbling, and then his hand glides down and grabs the apex of my thighs through my pants.

"We don't have time" I practically moan as I go to grind myself into his hand, but he pulls his hand away

"I know. Your answer will determine if I finish the job for you after training" he says before he kisses my mark and pulls away. I blink, before I throw my discarded shirt from lunch at him

"All you had to do was ask nicely, asshole!" I say, now I have to go down there all hot and bothered. Fucking possessive ass Alpha

"I know, but it was much more fun this way" he says before tossing me a tank top.

"I hope my father beats your ass!" I growl as I throw the tank top on and head for the door.

He laughs and just grabs my waist pulling me to him as we walk to the throne room together. Aylin had put us on the same floor and same quarters as her, my father, and Azrael. My other family was apparently on the same floor just in different quarters. I couldn't imagine living in a castle, I have to say I missed the privacy of my little cottage in Red Moon, although that was the only thing I missed about Red Moon aside from Sophie. I just didn't like all the space, I was more of a simple living kind of person. But I will admit, it is nice to live with everyone in the packhouse back home, but this? I mean there were like 20 different floors, at least according to the elevator we took 5 flights. On top of that, I don't know much about castles but I would assume there's tunnels, hidden floors, an attic, cells, a basement...I mean how do you even have enough people to clean all that?

When we enter the throne room, I see Aylin standing by the door. Despite her now casual attire, she still looks regal. Her long hair is now pulled back into a french braid, and her clothes are actually the same as mine, long yoga shorts and a tank top. She walks up to us and jerks her chin for us to follow. We do, walking through the castle, it might be the same way we walked before but fuck if I know. This is another reason I couldn't live in a castle, I would get lost all the time.

'You literally took a 3 day journey on foot to a territory several forests away, and you would get lost in a castle?' Tamisra says to me

'Might I remind you that you did all the work there? If we lived here I would have to shift just so you could get me back to my room from the kitchen' I say back and she laughs at me

'Well I can't argue there, but seriously, this place is huge. And why is it so doom and gloom? These walls need some color' she says, peering at our surroundings through my eyes