Chapter 66-Amara and Roman

It's been four days, and Roman's shadows still haven't found any evidence of Silas moving toward his home; it looks like he will be coming to us. He's been rallying all his people into one spot; even people from his kingdom were seen moving out, so everyone is on edge, including me. I suggested moving in once he had them all together, but Roman said it's better to let him think he has the element of surprise, and it will give us the "home-field advantage." I wanted to just get it over with; the stakes are so much higher now. Given that we're unsure if he will lead with those half-Kudde beasts he made, Roman had the security system expanded so my family and I would have time to take off and neutralize that threat.

Thayer, Dahlia, and all the troops he planned to send are here. Roman called and updated him on the situation, and he said he'd rather come now if an attack is imminent, so they could get familiar with the land. It was no question whether or not we would be attacked at night; while the sun doesn't kill vampires, they aren't at their full strength when the sun is out. Thayer said he and his men could manipulate the moon to give off UV light for a short period of time, so we will at least have that to add to our list of advantages.

Aylin and Dad also ordered their army here for the same reason. Then, we had roughly three hundred vampires Samirah and Damon brought. Three hundred wasn't a lot, but they were still well-trained, and I wanted them to get their revenge against the men who abused them. The pack was officially full.

I was back to training day in and day out; as it turns out, I can indeed make Aylin invisible as long as she's touching me. To my surprise, we can still see each other when I have us both invisible. It takes a bit more concentration, but the more I do it, the less taxing it becomes. We've been going over flying basics, and I've used my wings a handful of times. Still, we obviously can't risk me falling into a tree or anything, so it's just been the very basics in case we somehow fall out of the sky.

Dad and I haven't gone over anything new, just refining what I already know, especially burning people alive from the inside. I had questioned why I couldn't just manifest a flame and make a bonfire out of them, but apparently, it takes a lot more energy to manifest fire and ice than it does to just use your mind to burn them. We'll need to conserve our powers as much as possible.

Although, having to stop once every half hour to pee and shove my face is getting annoying. I've already regained half the weight I lost; Dr. Crowen said it was my supernatural healing when I questioned why I looked almost normal again. Little Bean is now measuring in at one pound and four ounces, which seems so small compared to how much belly I have. I was visibly pregnant before, but it was if you looked at me for long enough. Now, I have a very defined baby bump, which only makes me anxious to end this.

The night surrounds Aylin and me as we fly through it; it's only a waxing moon tonight. I look up at the tiny sliver of moon, the little light it gives off mocking me. We were ready for him to move in on us last night when it was a new moon, thinking he would do it when the night sky was at its darkest. I was almost relieved when they didn't.

"Let's get home; I'm done. My back is killing after being held like I'm your bride for all these hours," I tell Aylin; she cracks a half smile before she swoops back to Earth. While she wasn't exactly warm and fuzzy before, she's been extra cold to everyone except me, Dad, and Az. I had asked her about Damon, and she just shook her head and said she would talk about it when she was ready. I knew not to push her.

"Amara is done; she's ready for this anyways. We're just playing games now," Aylin says to my dad and Azrael as we portal home.

We land in the kitchen, Roman meeting me there with a kiss as he pulls a plate loaded with food from the microwave. Man, I missed Fajita night! Something about fajitas coming out on the sizzling skillet makes them so much better fresh, but I won't complain. I quickly pound down four of the six Roman gave me, the baby playing soccer in my belly the whole time. I hand him the other two to finish as I rest my head on his shoulder. I'll just close my eyes for a few minutes.