Chapter 36-Amara

When I wake up the next morning, the bed feels empty and Roman's scent is faint. I groggily open my eyes, and confirm he is indeed not in bed with me. I'm confused for a moment before the smell of bacon reaches my nostrils. I sit up in disbelief, there is no way the big bad Alpha is cooking me breakfast. I throw one of his shirts on and walk downstairs. My eyes widen at the sight before me. He's standing shirtless at the stove, a dish towel thrown over his shoulder, a pile of pancakes and bacon next to him, Red Hot Chili Peppers is playing on the speaker and he's singing along. I admire the sight, how long did the Goddess have to spend sculpting this man to perfection for me?

"You know you're supposed to have a shirt on when you cook, right?" I tease him as I walk up to him and wrap my arms around him

"Good morning to you too, and that rule is for humans who cry over a little tiny grease splatter burning them." he says leaning down and kissing me

"Well you're not allowed to hug me, I don't need bacon grease getting all over my face."

"I'll hug my mate if I so please, what are you gonna do about it" he says back raising an eyebrow. I glare at him and pinch his butt, and he jumps. I smirk back, satisfied with myself while I hop up onto the counter he's not using and swing my legs

"I didn't know you could cook" I tell him

"My mom taught me. Don't get too impressed, I can really only make breakfast and a couple pastas. Breakfast was my favorite meal as a kid." he says while he flips another pancake into the stack

"My mom couldn't cook to save her life, my dad taught me. I used to make all my and Felix's meals, and Sophie's too when her mate wasn't home" I say and laugh, remembering Sophie's kitchen escapades "she was worse than my mom. You know I watched her burn spaghetti one time? While it was boiling! Another time she tried to make me cupcakes for my 16th birthday and she used salt instead of sugar, and they were so undercooked. But she still gave them to me, saying it was the thought that counted and I had to at least take a bite" I finish, while I gag at the memory. They were horrible, but I still hugged her and told her thank you after choking an entire cupcake down.

"How does someone burn spaghetti? It's literally already in water. That makes no sense" he responds, laughing with me

"Your guess is as good as mine" I say, hopping off the counter and grabbing his phone. I turn on my music. 'Don't Stop Believin' is the first one to come on and I dance around the kitchen, grabbing a piece of bacon and munching on it. He laughs at me before joining in with my dancing, and I laugh back at him because he can't dance any better than I can. We do this for the entire breakfast, not even bothering to sit down and eat.

We're still laughing when he sits down and pulls me onto his lap. I grab his coffee, taking a few sips, before he pries my fingers off.

"My coffee is the equivalent to your hot water in the shower, don't touch it." he says glaring at me and taking a sip.

I roll my eyes before I get up and grab my own cup. I sit back on his lap sipping it while he picks at the leftover pancakes. I smile, his presence makes me feel so content. I can avoid my reality for a couple more days while we're here. I smile, despite remembering my parents. Sophie was right though, I won't let their sacrifice go to waste. I wouldn't disappoint them. I still don't understand this whole tribrid thing, I don't feel much different other than my demon side coming forth when I feel any intense emotion.

"Penny for your thoughts?" Roman says

"We should train!" I say, avoiding the topic "I don't want to get behind on my training, I kicked Aston's ass last week and I need to keep up."