Chapter 67-Amara and Roman

I watch in horror as Silas grabs Adonis' face, Silas' red eyes glowing into the night, and Adonis...Adonis goes limp. I waste no time before concentrating on Silas' body and start burning him. He screams, and Adonis goes absolutely feral and proceeds to rip his own body apart. I pull my powers back immediately, and they both stop thrashing. Adonis' eyes are glowing red now, and terror, like no other, seizes me when Silas grabs him by both ears, twisting his neck, and Adonis does nothing to fight back.

I look to my father, who is holding his own against the group of vampires attacking him, but can't help me or be distracted without risking his own life. Then, I look around for Aylin, Az, Seth, or anyone to jump in and help, but no one is around.

"No one is coming to rescue you this time, my sweet Amara," Silas hisses

I only stare at him and then at my mate. Maybe...maybe...I slam my mental talons into Roman's mind, but he only whimpers and starts to thrash again.

"Aht, at. You may be powerful, but I have over seven hundred years of mastering mind control, girl. So now, you can come with me, and I'll let him live. Or." he pauses and starts to twist Roman's head.

"Stop! Stop! I'll come, I'll come," I scream

"Very good," he says as he lets go of Roman, who merely sits on the ground

"Get your claws out of his mind," I snap as I walk to him

"So he can come to tear us apart? Come now, you must find me a fool."

I don't say anything; he's not wrong. His massive, cold hands grab my arm as we approach, and he takes a white satchel out of his pocket, dumping the powder into his hands and blowing it in my face. I cough, and my power fizzes and rumbles in response.

"Now. Let's go," he snaps.

"I'm not going until you get your claws out of his head! Do you want me to go with you? Free his mind, and I'll tell him to stand down."

Silas thinks for a moment before that ugly smile snakes across his face. He whistles; one of the vampires fighting my dad leaves and approaches Adonis, putting him in a headlock.

"Fine. Consider this my present to you," he says

I watch Roman tense before he stands up and leans on his back legs like he's going to fight the vampire off.

"Stand down, Roman." I snap at him before I open up our link

'I'm fine. Just stay there.'

'NO,' I hear Adonis' gravely voice flit through my mind as he shifts his weight to his hind legs again.

"STAND DOWN" I yell at him, and to my surprise, he sits.

Shock flits through me as I realize what I just did, but I have no time to waste as I turn to Silas.

His sinister smile turns into a scream as I grab his face, lighting it on fire and making sure I block his view of Roman.

As fast as possible, before the vampire on Roman can react, I turn, calling my dagger forth as I flick it at him. It hits him between the eyes before he can even process what happened.

I whirl back around, knowing I put myself at a disadvantage by taking out that vampire, just as I'm yet again tackled. The smell of Silas' burning hair and flesh makes me choke back a gag before he reaches back, aiming his fist at my face.

Not this time motherfucker; I let him bring his fist down before I catch it and twist to the best of my ability, it's hard at this angle, but I call forth my ice as I freeze it. Refusing to let go, I desperately bend and snap as the ice that froze up his arm allows me to snap his hand clean off.