Chapter 20-Amara

It's later now, around 10pm. Roman and I are outside getting ready to go for a run. He's leading me to the forest. We're both wearing robes since we spent the entire day naked anyways. We ended up having sex 3 more times, what can I say? It's never enough.

The moon is almost full, so the entire forest is bathed in moonlight and it looks so beautiful. I shrug my robe off as he shifts. His wolf is magnificent, he's huge with fur almost as black as Tamisra's, brown eyes and huge paws could easily crush my head. I walk up to him and run my fingers through his fur and kiss his big head. He rubs against me and licks my stomach while I giggle.

I'm a little nervous as I call Tamisra forward. Alpha Gunther was pissed my wolf was black, normally only Alpha wolves were black. In fact, I don't think there's ever been a recorded black wolf who wasn't an alpha. She was so black she had hints of blue, which most alphas don't have, her aura was normal and she was actually on the smaller side, so he dropped it. Stupid male egos, so fragile.

When I shift, I see Adonis cock his head to the side but he doesn't say anything. I'm the first to take off, Tamisra weaves in and out of the trees, wanting Adonis to chase her. He of course happily obliged. Predicable little alpha.

Eventually, he takes the lead and we end up in a beautiful meadow. There's a small stream that the moonlight sparkles off of and beautiful wildflowers across the entire clearing. Roman shifts back so I follow and I walk up to him as he pulls me down, sitting on his lap. His arms weave around me from behind and he rests his chin on my shoulder.

"This place is beautiful" I say softly

"This is one of the places I come to when I just need some peace. I came here with my mother when I was little" he says back and I feel a twinge of sadness.

"What was your mother like?" I ask him

"Gentle, but our best fighter, she was the only one ever able to pin my father. She always made time for me, always so attentive even when I was the Alpha. She was a good Luna, but an even better person. I swear, she never had a nasty thing to say about anyone." he says and I swear I see his eyes glisten but I pretend I didn't see it and smile at him "She was easily my best friend, you can call me a mommy's boy and I wouldn't deny it. I told her everything, and she was always there for me."

"I wish I could have met her. She sounds amazing." I say turning my attention back to admiring the meadow.

"She would have loved you. Even if she didn't know I had feelings for you. She would probably think you're hilarious" he says laughing

"Yeah? I wish you could have met my parents too. My mother was the same, every night she would come into my room and she'd do my hair while I told her about my day. I never had to hold back either, she didn't even get upset when I lost my virginity. I've wanted to tell her about you so many times. When she died, I wished she was around just so I could talk to her about it. I haven't been the same since she died, I'm only starting to feel like myself since I've moved back here." I say, sad at the subject

"I don't think you ever got to deal with their deaths properly. I know you had Seth and Sophie, but then you got thrown into a mate bond you didn't even enjoy." Roman replies softly

"You're probably right. I was distracted by another pain the whole time. I guess I accepted that being stuck with someone I didn't want was easier to focus on than my grief." I respond, he just holds me tighter but doesn't say anything. He probably doesn't know what to say. Its okay though, just his embrace makes me feel so safe and secure, it seems to always put out any fire raging inside me. We sit in comfortable silence for a few minutes until he breaks it.

"I've never seen a wolf quite like yours before" he says. Tamisra instantly comes forward in my mind at the mention of her name.

"Yeah she's a unique one. When we first shifted the Alpha was butthurt, but she's too small to be an Alpha's wolf so he got over it eventually. Besides, she has shades of blue in her, she's not pure black like a true. I think she's beautiful, and I definitely don't wish she was any different just to spare an Alpha's ego" I say, trying not to sound defensive over my wolf

"Calm down Little Devil, it will take a lot more to hurt my ego than that. I was going to say she was gorgeous, and Adonis likes her. I noticed the blue in her fur right away, she's breathtaking and Adonis was practically drooling. I think they're able to communicate with each other now that they've met. He's blocking me out though" he chuckles

"Don't worry, I'm sure Tami will give me the deets later. I kind of figured, because she's normally forward with me. Especially when I'm with you. Although she has been quiet lately, she says it's to let me settle in but she usually never shuts up" I say as she huffs, turning her attention away from me back to, I presume, Adonis.

"You guys seem to have a better relationship than most other humans with their wolves." he observes

"I guess, she was all I had for a while. She kept the loneliness and isolation away." I shrug, looking down and weaving my fingers in his. "Sometimes she was the only one I would talk to for a day or two. Felix would leave before I woke up and come back when I was asleep, or he left the pack. I had Sophie and never go very long without speaking. Actually, this is the longest we've ever gone without talking in the 19 years we've known each other. I miss her." I say, suddenly feeling like a horrible friend.

I forgot to call her with Seth's phone. I had so much to tell her. I wondered if I should tell her about what happened with those rogues. She wouldn't judge me, but I doubt she would know what it was. I wondered how she was doing. She probably thinks I'm dead, I hope she's not worrying too much but I know she is.

"Can we go get a phone tomorrow?" I ask Roman

"I was already planning on it. You could have asked to use my phone if you wanted to call her." he says

"I asked Seth to use his but I forgot. Besides, aren't you all weird about your pack members talking to other packs? Seth was hardly ever able to talk to me, you big jerk." I say suddenly remembering he's the sole reason I was so out of date in my brother's life!

He cracks up "yes that's true but if it would make you happy it's a risk I'm willing to take" he says still laughing softly as I glare at him, trying not to smile at how beautiful his laugh is. I of course fail miserably and he just pulls me in for a kiss. We sit there for probably two or three hours before we run back to the pack house, Adonis and Tamisra playing the whole time. I fall asleep quickly in Roman's arms, his scent swirling around me, his heartbeat lulling me to sleep.