Chapter 62-Amara and Roman

Amara's POV-a few hours later

I must have fallen asleep at some point because I'm abruptly woken up by violent crashes and yelling. I shoot up in bed, my hopes soaring.

"Get up," Damon says, approaching me; I hesitate. I would be stupid to try and fight my way out of this; I'm way too weak. I jump when my door crashes open, and Samirah runs in.

"He's down; the back hall is our only way out. A female demon and a male wolf are guarding the door. We have to go now; Silas will be coming here any minute," she says to Damon as she runs over to me and jerks me out of bed.

I stagger, my head getting light. No! I just need to stay here, bide time, it won't take them long to get here! She steadies me before she looks at Damon.

"Can you carry her?" she says. I step back just as she looks at me.

"Amara, we're going to get you out of here; if you want to go home, you must listen to us. You'll be too slow if you try to run; either let Damon carry you or get on my back. Silas is coming here now." Samirah says, more urgent than before, crouching down.

I know in my gut she's telling the truth, so I get on her back. They bolt, the speed making me cling to her tighter. Nausea and dizziness hit me like a sack of bricks, but I bite my cheeks and tuck my head into her shoulder.

Just when I think I'm better, we abruptly stop, and Samirah lets go of her support on my legs. I keep hold of her neck as I stand, but white fuzzy spots dance in my vision, and I'm sweating.

"You take one arm and support her weight; I'll take the other. The wolf at least won't attack if we're holding her up; we're taking a chance with the demon, though," Damon says

My ears start ringing as they walk me out of the door, I can only see blurred colors and white light at this point, and my head feels too heavy for my neck to carry. I must drop my weight because a whispered 'fuck' followed by a growl brings me back to partial awareness, then I'm lifted by a pair of slender cold arms. I desperately cling to my consciousness as I teeter on the edge. But the ringing at least goes away so I can hear everything.

"Give her to us now, and we'll make your deaths quick," I hear Seth snarl. Seth!

I panic, but my body cannot move; my limbs feel heavy. I open my mouth, trying to speak.

"No. They help." I manage to grunt out, it sounds garbled, but they must hear it because Seth stops growling

"My name is Samirah; this is Damon. We're the leaders of the resistance against Silas. We will hand her over, but you must hear our case." I hear Samirah speak

Seth growls, the sound getting closer.

"There is no time for arguing; we need to get her to the hospital." Aylin snarls, the sound right next to me just as we're all sucked into blackness, and I can't hold on any longer.

Roman's POV

"I've got her! Get to the pack hospital NOW," Seth booms through my mind.

I can't even process my emotions as I immediately drop the worthless vampire I just killed and portal into the hospital check-in.

"Alpha! This way!" the nurse, Katrina, beckons me. I follow her to the entrance of a large room, the only one in the area with a bed right in the middle and a window. The sign next to the door reads 'Trauma Bay 1'

"You can watch and listen through the window Alpha, but please let the medical team work on her. I'm going to be at the check-in desk if there's anything you need," Katrina says softly.