Chapter 30-Roman

Mate. She was my mate. Adonis howled in my head, not caring about the destruction she was causing around us. Her black eyes never left mine as her lips curved into a smile that I knew wasn't one of her kind smiles. No, this smile showed 2 rows of nothing but serrated fangs as her lips curled at an unnatural angle, reaching her eyes that glowed as she looked up at the sky. She drew her hands out, and let out another literal earth shattering scream.

The little ground left that I was floating above crumbled beneath me, falling down to the fires of the underworld where our kind resided. I was too far away from her, and she was definitely stronger than me. She just opened up a portal straight to the underworld and if I didn't stop her, the realms would collide. Just when I thought I knew what to do, her eyes glowed white, stopping me in my tracks. She floated higher and reached her hands straight above her head and shot out a blinding light that I didn't possess the power to look at. I watched as the points in the sky where her power had hit, started to fall like she had turned them to dust. She just opened up a portal to the Heavens. What was she?

I didn't know what else to do so I blasted a barrier around her whole body, but her powers absorbed it in an instant. Shit! She was feeding off my energy. I had to take control quickly, but when I channeled her powers, I was immediately blown back. My only option was to shift back to human form and get close enough to her so she could at least smell me. I didn't know if a new mate bond would be enough to snap her out of this, but that along with cutting off her power supply, me, were my only options.

The ground she levitated on was still the only ground within 100 yards of her that was intact. Taking my chances that she would be unable to harm her mate, I levitated there, directly under her and shifted back to my human form. I heard her let out another sinister growl and looked up at her, seeing her thrashing around violently in the air while she was sniffing it. I thank whatever gods were present with us for hearing my prayers. When her demon eyes met my human ones, I saw them flick back to her beautiful green before she suddenly fell out of the sky. I lept off my feet just as she was about to land on the edge of the small land that was left and caught her before we were both falling downwards. Sparks so intense, I thought I would combust right there flooded me as I shifted to my demon form and levitated us to the closest stable land.

I almost fell to my knees in relief as the portal she opened to the Heavens closed. I was severely weakened, having used all my energy to get to her, and now that I couldn't feed off her energy I had almost nothing left. But I looked at the portal to the underworld, knowing it needed to be closed. I might die trying, but I had no choice. If I didn't, the evil demons summoned to the deepest pits of hell in Hades' realm would be released, and the Earth would crumble to ash.

I called forth all of my powers and blasted them into the portal, pouring any force I had left into closing it. I fell to my knees but didn't give up as I watched it start to close. I held out for as long as I could before I slipped into the darkness surrounding me, hoping it was enough.

I groaned as I came to, getting up and looking around at the destruction Amara did. The earth still had cracks in it and trees were knocked over, and the area she just destroyed was well...destroyed. There was nothing left but a massive hole. Despite the havoc, it could have been worse. I had so many questions, the top one being, what the fuck was she? And what made her lose control? Rolling to my knees, I saw her still unconscious next to me. I needed to check in on the pack, I had no idea what destruction waited for me there. Despite my already pounding skull, I opened my mindlink up.

'Aston?' I said hoping I wasn't too far away. We were still on my territory, so at least I could get us home, but it would probably take 3 hours to walk it. Given that Adonis is still snoring in my head, I'm gonna go ahead and say he won't be of any help to me.