Chapter 22-Roman

I sit down on the cushion with my legs crossed while Amara does as Blair instructed her. I think I'm more nervous than she is. When I asked Blair if my magic would help, she said I could try if she failed but I haven't had the right opening to talk with Amara about my demon side. I don't know how she'll react, but hopefully she won't run away screaming.

"Don't break the salt circle when you're holding her down or you'll fuck everything up. Hear me, Alpha?" Blair says pointing at me. She's the only one allowed to talk to me as such, other than Amara, but it's just who she is. She's been like my second mother, so I'll never get angry with her.

"Yes ma'am" I responded. I watch as she turns off any lights, closes the curtains, lights candles and takes out several jars from a cabinet. She mixes them all in a mortar and pestle before getting up and approaching us with the concoction in her hand.

"Hold her down now, Alpha" she says seriously

I do as I'm told, putting my hands on Amara's biceps. She's already starting to get toned up from training, or all the sex, but either way she looks damn good. 'Focus you big idiot!' Adonis says redirecting me back to the situation at hand.

Blair starts speaking in an ancient tongue I cannot understand as she walks around the circle, dusting Amara with the herb mixture. When she's done, she repeats the same thing but louder, her hands lingering over Amara's chest. I feel Amara tense under me, and I clench my jaw, knowing I can't interrupt Blair but I want to let out a growl as I watch my love in pain.

Suddenly, Amara's back arches as she lets out a scream of pain. I clench my jaw even tighter, wanting to calm her but I don't think I can speak. I just continue to hold her down, rubbing my thumbs in circles so she knows I'm here. I look down at her and I can see her eyes are turning black. I freeze in shock.

The only eyes I've ever seen turn black this way are mine. In my demon form. Was that what she was? I look up at Blair who is still chanting, now only louder with beads of sweat forming on her forehead. She falls to her knees as Amara continues to scream, her eyes are full black now. I can see Blair's eyes glowing a violent white before she gasps and drops her hands.

Amara's body instantly relaxes and her eyes turn back to normal. They're both breathing heavily, I cup Amara's cheeks and kiss her all over her face, trying to calm both of us. She lets out a weak laugh as she grips her chest.

"I'm sorry Alpha, Amara I was unsuccessful. The magic on the seal was impenetrable. It was put in place by a very strong demon, possibly one of royalty." Blair says after she catches her breath.

I watch Amara's face pale and hear her heart start racing. Well, we'll see how this goes.

"A...a de-demon?" she stutters "what would any demon want with me? Let alone one of royalty?" she stutters. My heart is sinking as I see the fear on her face, maybe I shouldn't tell her about my demon side. But if my hunch is correct, she's a demon herself, so maybe she won't freak out when she finds out I'm one. She would have come into her demon powers when she was 18, so I'm certain that her demon side is what is sealed. But why?

"I cannot answer those questions dear, I only was able to tell the kind of magic as well as the strength of the barrier. No one but you will be able to break the barrier" Blair responds

"Me? How?" Amara responds, starting to calm down a little but I can still smell her fear

"Usually intense emotions will break a barrier like this one, or a near death experience. I don't recommend trying to, however. Let it break on its own. I can't sense any evil in it, but only you or the demon who put it on you can break it. But rest easy knowing whoever put this spell on you did not do it to harm you. It's possible your parents had it placed on you, why, I cannot say." Blair finishes