Chapter 53-Amara

*Trigger warning: There are mentions of rape and a detailed memory recounting the rape that will be portrayed. There will also be detailed torture.* I will put a recap of this chapter in asterisks at the end, so those who had to skip know what happened

We showered and got dressed in a heavy silence. Neither of us had anything to say, and the only way we communicated was through touch. The majority of our shower Roman held me, and I held him back. We washed up quickly, and when I heard Aylin approach the door, I opened it, and instantly portaled us all to the dungeon in silence.

The two vampires we kept alive were in cells on different floors, so they couldn't communicate. Aston and Seth took the one on the second floor, who appeared to have been just a standard warrior, and left this one to the three of us. I recognized him as the one that led the second wave of vamps to us. So, he must be some kind of troop leader then.

He jumped, straining against his chains as we portaled into the room. Thankfully, no one fell on their asses this time. Not that it mattered how well put together we looked for him, he wouldn't be leaving these cells alive. I felt feral as I looked at him and remembered the dead bodies of the wolves on the battlefield. I held my power back as it started to hum at my fingertips.

His bright red eyes turned and met my own, there was no hint of kindness, no sliver of humanity in them. I held his gaze, not holding back the utter disgust I felt.

"Ah, the tribrid herself comes to greet me, what an honor" he hisses, his voice was sinister and oily. Foul. His gaze slides to Roman and Aylin at my sides. "And she brings along the hybrid mutt...and...oh who is this? Could it be? The demon Queen herself? How nice to meet you again Queen Aylin. Although, I must say, I much prefer you with those pretty red handcuffs on your wrists. You look quite plain without them" he finishes before he coughs, black blood spurting out of his mouth and across his hideous face.

I allow myself a glance at Aylin as he continues to hack all over himself. She's so, so pale. Her eyes are clouded, starting to tint with black, but otherwise, she held her chin a little higher than usual, and her picture perfect posture was as it always was. I looked away, I didn't want to know what he meant. The thought of him, my sister, and handcuffs didn't bring me to believe it was anything pleasant.

"Ah, Horace. How I've been waiting to meet you again." Aylin responds, her voice dripping with venom.

He continues coughing, trying to say words, but unable to. I smile in satisfaction. I hope he knows how pathetic he looks, he hurt my pack, he did something to my sister. His death will take all night. As his coughing fit dies down, he looks at me with his red eyes, and they're crazed. More crazed than they were when I first looked upon them.

"Give me the bitches blood. Give it. Give it or I'll kill you all" he hisses, his voice maniac. I raise my brows

"Well, that's not how you ask politely. Didn't your mama ever teach you any manners?" I respond sarcastically, and he lets out a guttural growl just as Roman walks over to a cabinet and takes out a small cup filled with red liquid.

I cringe as he dumps the blood on his face. It reeks of...rats? I stifle a laugh as the stench hits my nostrils and Horace goes crazy, his long serpent-like tongue reaching out across his lips and cheeks to get whatever he could down his throat. He thrashes, letting out a roar.

"What filth did you feed me mutt?" he growls

"Rat blood. Bottoms up, it'll be your last meal" Roman says before he dumps another cup of the blood on his face

"You filth! Our king will slaughter you all! And when he has your precious mate and she turns into his little whore, you'll be begging your pathetic goddess for her salvation. It will never come." he yells and I internally shudder, but don't twitch a muscle outwardly.