Chapter 29-Roman

I felt it before I heard it. I was finishing up some extra sparring, when the entire ground shook violently, causing all of us to fall on our asses. Then a growl so deep and sinister filled the air, paralyzing everyone except me. I looked around at my warriors frozen and unconscious on the ground, the realization that only a demon's powers could cause this hit me. Amara. Not even a second later I see her jump off her balcony, a black mist carrying her body to the tree line where she shifted into her wolf before she took off on foot at a speed unknown to the creatures of the Earth. I didn't waste any time, calling Adonis and my own demon powers forth. I took off after her.

Even in my demon-wolf form I couldn't catch up to her. She ran straight through trees, boulders, and foliage, turning them all into dust in her wake. I could feel my ears start to bleed as she let out howl after howl of pure agony and hatred. Though, the pain in my head was nothing compared to the pain in my heart at hearing her suffering.

I could hear her, but I couldn't see her anymore and as I tried desperately to trace her scent, her howls turned to screams, meaning she shifted from back to her human form. But I was wrong, she wasn't in her human form. As her screams became louder, the wind around me picked up and cracks formed in the earth, forcing Adonis to give full control to my demon side so I could levitate above them. She was a full demon right now, and by the looks of it her powers were equal to mine, probably even stronger. She let out a final scream, the loudest out of all them as a force so powerful shook the earth beneath me, turning it into nothing.

Then I smelled her. Jasmine and coconut permeated every particle of air in the forest, yet somehow I knew exactly where she was. Adonis was feral in my head, unable to take over without us being swallowed whole by the gaping earth. I flew off a mountain and floated down to a clearing where I saw her. She was levitated off the ground, her black hair was floating around her wildly, a mist so black it had tints of midnight in it surrounded her. The only piece of Earth intact was directly under her, the rest of the forest was in absolute destruction. But none of this mattered, not even her eyes which bled black into her sclera showing her true form mattered. All that mattered was the one word that I muttered when her obsidian eyes met mine.

Mate.