Chapter 58-Roman

I just showed the last group of the Fae warriors to their temporary housing, and I'm starving. I get out my phone to order food when I see Amara texted me twelve minutes ago.

Amara: Heading to Blair's to get more tea. I need you to come home as soon as you're done with the Fae.

Roman: Be careful. I just finished up. I'll head over now. Is everything OK? Love you

I wonder if she finally went and saw a pack doctor; I've been worried sick about how unwell she's felt. It's beyond anxiety at this point. There's something wrong with her. Adonis is equally concerned, begging me to take her to a doctor.

'Something is wrong. Mindlink border patrol, I can feel something isn't right,' Adonis snarls in my head. I'm about to do just that when I feel Amara's link open up.

'ROMAN,' Amara screams, and instantly panic surges through me. I shift into Adonis, starting to run in the direction the bond was pulling me to, and then the bond goes blank.

'Amara? AMARA' I yell but can't form the link with her. Then the alarms start blaring.

'Alpha! Vampires on the West border!' Mayra, one of my warriors, alerts me.

Shit, shit, shit. The west border is right by Blair's cottage. I send out a pack mindlink telling all the warriors to get over that way and to look for their Luna. I'm already sprinting over there. Why can't I feel the bond? It's not even like she's asleep; it just...went away.

'How many?' I growl back

'Roughly a hundred,' she says back. That's not good; that means they were only sent as a distraction.

'Alpha! The Luna!' another warrior, Blake, yells at me through the link. On instinct, I run even faster, adrenaline and pure fucking fear for my mate propelling me forward.

'What about my Luna?' I snarl through the link.

'Head towards Ms. Blair's cottage, you'll see us...the Luna...' he hesitates.

'WHAT ABOUT MY LUNA?' I boom back

'She was taken! We tried to get to them, but he stabbed her in the neck with a syringe, and they just disappeared,' he spits out.

My blood runs cold. Adonis lets out a howl, full of rage. Fuck what am I doing? I skid to a stop and portal myself to Blair's cottage, where I see a small group of my warriors, probably about 300 yards away. I shift back and portal over to them.

"What the fuck happened?" I yell as I materialize in front of Blake and Luke. They jump, looking at me with wide eyes before Luke answers.

"We heard growling, so we ran over here and saw a man we didn't recognize grab the Luna and stab her in the neck with a syringe, and they just disappeared into thin air. Here's the syringe," he says, handing it to me. I growl

"Get to the western border and neutralize this vampire attack. NOW. Then no one sleeps until we find her." I say.

I look down at the syringe and pop out the plunger to try and smell what's inside. Belladonna, wolfsbane, devilsbane, and a few other scents I don't recognize. I know exactly what this is, and it's also the answer to why I can't feel the bond. Fur grows along my arms as I fight the shift. No, not now. I have to get to her family.

I portal back to the packhouse and follow Aylin and Armaros' scents which lead out the door. Growling, I burst through the doors, but they aren't outside either.

'Does anyone have eyes on Luna Amara's family?' I yell through the link

'On the western border with us,' Seth responds.