Chapter 48: Darkness Always Returns

Carl's Pov
"Amaya we gotta go!" I say trying to pull her out of the water.

She won't budge, she was just staring at them like a deer in headlights must have triggered a bad memory for her.

I pick her up from the water carefully and slip on her boots quickly.

"Amaya, please snap out of it and walk I can't carry you that much longer I don't wanna do this again and drop you please baby." I said to her I was running with her in my arms for quite awhile and they were gonna give out.

Amaya pov
I hear Carl's sweet voice calling me with moaning in the background, he was running and stopped every once in awhile to lift me up again because I was slowly slipping out of his arms.

"Amaya please god dammit! I don't even know where to go!" He was yelling now and sweating I could feel his arms shaking.

I could hear what he was saying I just wasn't processing it, I was having one of my moments where I get so scared I can't move.

He finally dropped me his arms giving out, I could hear them getting closer as he dragged me across the grass crying.

He shot his gun at them a couple times, then put his attention back to them.

It was only then when I realized I was getting strangely warm and really quickly even though it was in at least the 60's. I started to shake uncontrollably and found it hard to breath, I tried to speak but all that came out was murmurs and whispers.

I pulled on his sleeve with all my strength, he looked down upon me with sorrow eyes he didn't know what to do.

"C-Carl listen to me, I got scratch really bad the other day I didn't think I would-" I winced from my horrible fever and headache.

He squeezed my hand rubbing his thumb up and down.

"It's coming to me now, you need to leave with out me you won't make it dragging me, might as well save one then none go and warn the group before-" I moaned in pain I felt really light- headed and my vision was becoming blurry.

"No! Amaya I'm not leaving with out you I can't say goodbye I just got you back come on please I can pick you up we can make it!" He cried well trying to pick me up while failing once again.

"Do it for me. Please." I whispered I never felt more worse in my entire life my throat was dry, I had no energy that I could barely keep my eyelids open, and my head was hurting so bad it hurt to think.

"I can't say good bye to you!" He cried then turned into a sob.

"Than call it see you later. I love you." I smiled barely it hurt when I did.

"See you later mayo. I love you more than you'll ever know" He gave my hand a squeeze and kissed it.

"See you later car." I closed my eyes finally I could no longer keep them open and released my hand from his.

I could hear him sob one more time before standing and slowly walking away.

"I'll never be able to forgive myself." He whispered.

I slowly drifted into what ever it was I was drifting into, my last image in my head was Carl, the last thing I heard was the walkers getting closer there ugly growls and moans, and the last thing I remember is Carl saying I'll never be able to forgive myself.

Daryl's pov
"They are probably just fine Daryl don't worr-" Rick said shrugging his shoulders while looking at a map he got interrupted by 3 distant gunshots.

We look at each other for awhile, when i make a 'are you thinking what I'm thinking?' Face.

"I'm going out to look." I said picking up my crossbow and stuffing my red bandana in my back pocket.

"You can't go alone," Rick said picking up his handgun.

"Let's go, I'll tell the others." He rushed out of the room.

I made my way outside into the think air, I follow some of their tracings and find Carl moping and crying on a rock with a knife to his wrist.

I run up to him and throw the knife into the creek it makes a plop noise and sinks, I grab his bloody wrist and tie it with my red bandana.

"What happened? Where's Amaya?" I say kneeling.

He just shakes his head and sobs even more this is worse than with his mother.

"C'mon tell me!" I say shaking him.

He just does the same thing over and over.

"God dammit..." I whisper to myself pulling my hair.

"Rick! Over here!" I yell out to him.

He comes running over slowly calming a shaking Carl.

"Now, tell us what happened." Rick said calmly squeezing his shoulder.

"She- Amaya's gone." He bursts out he squeezes his eyes shut and whimpers.

Rick looks at me with concerning eyes and puts a hand on me.

I get up fast as my head hurts and I feel dizzy.

"No... No, NO! Not Amaya, she's strong, we made a promise," I sit against a tree and cry quietly into my arms.

"We made a promise."

Rick's pov
"She- Amaya's gone." Carl spits out.

I closed my eyes tight as I imagine what type of painful death she had I push it away and look over to Daryl with concerning eyes ready for the worst.

"No.... No, NO! Not Amaya, she's my lil squirt, she's strong I taught her! We made a promise," he slouches against a tree and quietly cries into his arms.

"We made a promise."

His voice cracks as we slouches against the tree and pulls his hair back and forth.

"Daryl and Carl we've been through some crazy shit... We got to keep going, we can't just stop, I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings than they already are but one death shouldn't have to effect us," I speak truthfully.

Daryl gets up quickly from the tree brushes himself off, and comes so close to my face that I feel is breath on me, at first I thought he was going to hit me his fist were tighten but he released them and his eyes fell to the ground.

He starts walking fast in front me and turns around and looks directly at Carl.

"Your fathers right we can't let a simple death affect us."

Carl looks up and starts sobbing once again.

"Don't be such a baby!" Daryl hisses at him.

"Besides.... Isn't that what Amaya would've wanted?" He whispers and Carl gets up slowly I hold him against my chest and ruffle his hair.

"We are okay,We are going to be okay."

Amaya's pov
I feel someone pick me up and gunshots.

I flicked my eyes open to see a guy with blonde hair.

"Your gonna be okay Amaya, don't worry." I look up at him he's carrying me

"Where are- where are we goin?" I barely move my lips.

"Somewhere safe don't worry we will be safe, just close your eyes." He says

I close my eyes before a hear a high pitched scream.

A/n
This chapter in my opinion is sorta confusing but that's how it's suppose to be just wait for the next chapter it's very different and exciting you'll have a whole new perspective on the story.

Just wait and see.

Check out my new story!

~WalkerLady