Chap 4: New friends

I finally found rick in the watchtower

"Hey Maggie told me to bring this to you!" I yelled

"Oh thanks you finish the pigs?" He asked

"Ya it's one of the grossest things I've done." I said shivering of the thought.

"Why so dressed up?" He asked looking at me up and down.

"Beth's party." I said rubbing my arms at my sides.

"Oh well ya better be going and tell carl meet me at the fence tomorrow same time as always thanks darlin' you can go on!" He said showing me the door.

I nodded I looked at my watch still an hour till the party I decided to go to the main room where everyone hangs out. I see that gray haired women named carol holding a baby she's cute I wonder where her mom is.

"Hey carol who's this?!" I said in a baby voice at the end I've always had a thing for babies.

"Oh this is baby judith!" She said

"Oh she's a cutie!" I said gushing over her.

"Oh do you mind watch her for a few I don't feel that well." She said handing me judith.

I nodded.

"Thanks!" She said and left.

I bounced Judith on my knee and tickled her she giggled at me as I played pick a boo. I sang to her the song my mom sang to me as a kid.

🎶You are my sunshine my only sunshine you make me happy when skies are gray, you never know dear how much I love please, don't make my sunshine go away🎶

She feel asleep I checked my watch 15 minutes till the party I found carol in her cell sleeping I decided not to wake her and found Maggie.

"Hey Maggie can you watch Judith? Carols asleep and I don't want to wake her thanks!" I said handing her the baby.

I was trying to find Beth's cell now and saw a girl with a teal shirt and black leggings.

"Hey um do you know where this is?" I asked the black haired girl and handed her Beth's cell number.

"Ya just headin there you the new girl?" She asked.

"Yep is that what's everyone callin me?" I asked sarcastically.

"What you don't like it?" She said with a come back.

"Not to complain but I'd prefer be called by my name." I said.

"Well than what's your name new girl?" She asked raising her eyebrows.

"Amaya. Yours?" I said looking at her questioning her.

"Jessica call me Jess though I hate my name." She said huffing.

"Well here we are. I've always hate these parties." She said rolling her eyes. I chuckled at her comment she seemed nice and funny like me.

I hope I won't hate this party like her.