Chapter 33: Frozen

....1 week later....

((Carls POV))

I make my way outside when someone stops me.

"Hey baby." Amaya kisses me.

"Hi there." I say amused by the greeting.

Me and her were allowed to date when my dad gave us a long speech about when it's time to stop and to always use protection. And blah, blah, blah. It was very awkward after that but we were glad we could know be with each other.

"Where you going?" She asked while walking besides me.

"Going to feed the pigs, you?"

She kicks the same rock while we walk outside,

"Laundry." She responded,

"Alright well, stay safe bye." I kissed her on the forehead, and motion her to leave.

I look as she slowly goes inside the prison, dreading to fold clothes for hours. Just before she goes in, she turns and sends me a warm smile.

I continue making my way to the 2 pigs we have left. Violet, the one that's dying, snorts at me as I give them scraps.

"Hi Carl!" Anna sequels, she has her dirty blond hair up and is wearing a button up shirt that... needs more buttoned up.

"Hey.." I sigh at her, trying to avoid eye contact.

I throw more slop into the pin, keeping my eyes fixed on the sick pig. But then, Anna block my view by whipping her head so I can see her and only her.

"Can I join?!" She smiles at me, inches away from my face.

"Sure..." I give in, knowing if I say no she'll continue to bother me anyways.

((Amaya's POV))

"I feel bad for lying to Carl." I say to Danny.

We were in an old custodian closet that had dust everywhere and smelled of cleaner.

"He won't care..." Danny shrugs.

"Now hurry up, what do you want to tell me I really have to get back to my shift!" I say seriously.

It was so dark in the closet that I could barely make out his face but he looked happy.

"This." He says and grabs me.

He presses his lips to mine and I don't do anything for a couple seconds, I just stand there in shock. Thank god it was short, I can't cheat on Carl. I have to admit I liked it but I can't, that's not me.

"Look Amaya, I know you're dating Carl and stuff but, I really like you. Anna likes Carl and I like you, it would just make things easy if you just-" He stopped, moving closer to me licking his lips.

I froze and wasn't really sure what to say. I was going to tell him that I wasn't into him like that or we should just be friends, but everything was not making sense.

"I- I." I stuttered.

I felt his breath on my lips when there was a boom and you could hear screams everywhere.

I finally took a breath and realized what Danny was trying to do.

"What the hell?!" Danny whispered in response to the loud sound.

He took my hand and I pulled it back but he took it again and I gave in.

"Stay close." He whispered in my ear making me shiver.

We ran outside and stopped at my cell I grabbed my emergency duffel bag filled with weapons, canned food, little water and an iPod shuffle and left.

We ran outside and I couldn't believe my eyes.

A/n

Sorry for the short chapter, schools starting in a week and I've been really busy so don't expect an update everyday anymore. So sorry!